Gallup poll: Trump tops list of "Most Admired Man, 2020"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/29/gallup-poll-trump-tops-list-of-most-admired-man-2020.html

1 Like

What a degraded political culture we live in.

19 Likes

A fair chunk of folks don’t want to be burdened with the mess that is Democracy and would rather be ruled by a king, no matter how shitty he is.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure he’d top the list for “most despised man” by an even bigger margin.

30 Likes

Well - a stopped clock is also wrong 1438 minutes in a day…

7 Likes

Did they do a poll on how many of those polled knew what the word “admire” means?

14 Likes

The poll results are like Fox News. Most Republicans pick one channel/person, whereas Democrats spread the wealth over a variety of channels/people, yet the sum of those preferring the Democrats’ channels/people is greater than both the Republicans’ one channel/person and the sum of all Republicans’ channels/people. This gives the wrong impression of some sort of majority conservative preference.

17 Likes

I think what I admire most about Mass-Murdering Traitor Trump is his genius at being born into a wealthy family. Wish I could’ve done that.

3 Likes

And yet here’s Gallup’s running tally of all presidents from Truman up-- Trump never even cracks the 50% approval marker. As of today he is at 39% approval, which is still way more than he should be getting, it shows just how partisan the US has become-- impeached, corrupt, childish, clueless, and yet still more popular than Truman, Nixon or Bush II at the end of their terms

2 Likes

Meanwhile I am over here like:

:heart: :black_heart: :heart: :black_heart: :heart: :black_heart:

Fun fact, I found out me and Boba Fett (Temuera Morrison) have the same birthday!!! How cool is that??!!

5 Likes

guess this is what happens when you don’t rig the vote.

That is the WAY!

Did they only poll Florida?

2 Likes

Maybe the question was ‘ad mired’, like YouTube on my Roku? :thinking:

1 Like

This isn’t surprising. If you’re a Trump cultist, only one man matters. If you’re able to actually think for yourself, there’s the whole of present-day humanity to choose from.

4 Likes

Let’s remember also when we ask the public to name a boat, we get Boaty McBoatface.

2 Likes

I’m sure the Jonestown residents would have voted for Jim Jones as “most admired man” too. Trump has a cult that most other politicians do not have. They are a minority of the general public but that minority is more devoted than most normal non-brainwashed people are to any individual leader.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.