Game legend John Madden dead at 85

He also was responsible for popularizing the culinary masterpiece that is the turducken.

Unknown-12

2 Likes

He was, and in a way was important to me learning to be respectful of mental health issues. Like, as a teenager I would have mercilessly mocked someone afraid to fly, like c’mon that’s ridiculous. But I remember seeing a segment that detailed his train routine and I thought ok, it’s actually a serious thing if someone of his stature that I admired (well, grudgingly, he beat my team in a Super Bowl) is willing to go through all this trouble.

3 Likes

Not sure if I interpreted this question properly but:

‘Jack Nicklaus’ and ‘Tiger Woods’ both have multiple golf games with their name on them.

Game designer ‘Sid Meier’ often has his name on whatever game he’s producing see: ‘Sid Meier’s Civilization’ or ‘Side Meier’s Pirates!’

Fellow designer ‘American McGee’ also follows this trend, with works like ‘American McGee’s Alice’

‘Fred T. Jane’ initially published a couple reference books on naval ships and airships in the early 1900’s. This led to the creation of the ‘Janes Information Services’ company which published further reference works about various military topics. This namesake was then purchased by Electronic Arts to create a number of simulation games like ‘Jane’s F-15’ or ‘Janes AH-64D Longbow’.

Author ‘Tom Clancy’ who wrote a number of military and espionage thriller novels has had his name applied to a bunch of adaptations of his works into video games series. Notably ‘Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon’ and ‘Tom Clancy’s The Division’.

Not-real person ‘Mario’ of ‘Mario Bros.’ fame has any number of diverse games with his name on them.

3 Likes
2 Likes

To this day, whenever I drink a Lucozade (not easy to find here) I see Daley Thompson sprinting to the tune of Iron Maiden

Bill Laimbeer’s Combat Basketball is another (though a terrible game)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.