Gamer gifts ultimate homemade Dungeon Master screen

And… I got you the 1st book in the Xanth series… Merry Christmas?

4 Likes

Now that I’ve seen the glasses actually come off I’m realizing it’s Don Johnson and not Sean Patrick Flanery.

A 100 sided die is essentially a marble?

1 Like

Now I’m trying to figure out a way to have a little keyboard with the different dice on it so that when you press the button the die falls into the dice tower, like the matricies in a Linotype machine.

2 Likes

In my opinion, even better (and matching the theme) would be a mini catapult attached to the top of the wall and calibrated VERY carefully to fire the die you place in it into the top of the dice tower. I’m thinking of something like the monkey in Coconuts, but with a different skin.

5 Likes

Shouldn’t be hard to rig something up and wouldnt need to be particularly powerful. It’d negate the need to for a dice tower as well. All you’d need is just an area designated to be hit by lobbed dice.

Now that I think about it, it may not be such a great idea since I’m sure the players would insist on having the same type of mechanism to “roll” their dice at the DM screen :grin:

I think it wouldn’t necessarily be a bad idea, it’d be fun. As long as there’s a designated area meant for that then lobbing dice there shouldn’t create a problem.

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

When I was young we would have preferred the option to lob the dice at the DM’s head.
My younger brothers and I didn’t have any friends that were even remotely interested in D&D in our geographic vicinity, besides the next door neighbors, who were often a couple of ahem, dicks. Playing fair didn’t seem to be an option for them.

@chaz1 Hey! I liked the Xanth series!
Well ok, when I was 12.

1 Like

No depending on the size it’s not a marble, but it’s essentially unfair as the tables are written with multiple D10 rolls in mind rather than a true 00-100 roll. mwa-haha

1 Like

During a freshmen mixer, I gave “A Spell for Chameleon” as a gift. I never heard from her again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.