Gamergate as a hate-group

From the “we want to have a fair and open debate” crowd, code-words to describe targets (surprisingly, only women so far)

1 Like

That has to sting GG, seeing as Giant Bomb was created by someone who actually knows a thing or two about ethics in games journalism.

1 Like

On the other hand, regarding Giant Bomb…

http://www.8cn.tv/content/giant-bomb-hiring-ignites-gender-issues-games-journalism-debate

To be fair, that was just (another) almighty clusterfuck.

Interesting (I don’t read GB so hadn’t come across that).

You can’t be an organization flying the flag of integrity when the original basis of for your existence is based on a lie. Any “truths” uncovered by gamergate are subsequently tainted by this hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Also, this.

2 Likes

He’s young.

I mean, I’m 32 and I’m the old guy in the room.

But he did say one thing that suggested a certain sense of scale and perspective: he said “I can’t do anything about how corrupt and biased the TV news is. But I CAN do something about it in the gaming press.” I can respect that.

If nothing else, he’s got much more attainable goals than I did in my twenties.

No he can’t do anything about it, not by way of GamerGate.

And if he doesn’t have the common, media, communications, political, etc senses to understand that then he doesn’t stand much chance of achieving that goal even if he rejects the association as part of his quest.

Poor chap, I was idealistic in my 20’s & still am. Was never quite that thick in my 20’s tho. I’d have to delve back to being 12 & totally oblivious to ignore the many reasons why GG is a fail option.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.