Garfield cartoonist denies Jon drinks a cup of dog semen in comic strip

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/20/garfield-cartoonist-denies-jon.html

01FB04AA-7805-479E-A5B0-CC1BEFE8CA68

Yeah cause everyone should have gotten that.

Hmmm. Okay, my assumption is the Arbuckle breed of dogs will likely be of stunted intelligence. Odie is already of stunted intelligence, soooooo…ooooooohhhhh THE HORROR.

Yeah. Perhaps Dr. Liz was developing a revolutionary new orally administered form of artificial insemination.

I remember this strip and always figured it was some sort of fertility drug. But I was also relatively innocent back then (and had a grandad who was a vet).

There was a comic where Odie was faking being stupid until Jon and Garfield were gone, and then was watching Masterpiece Theater and smoking a pipe. He might not be as dumb as he seems :slight_smile:

Why would he go out of his way to make his comic less funny

Do not do that

I always thought it was some sort of fertility drug, particularly because I didn’t think that a veterinarian would make such rookie mistakes in storage and administration of the alternative (plus, how do you mistake that for coffee?).

Rarely does a post induce a gag reflex.

Who knew Garfield was so complex and nuanced. I sure didn’t.

I don’t know what is sadder, that explanation or that the internet has spent all this time hassling him about it.

I always assumed it was some sort of fertility medicine.

You people are gross.

Or that people read Garfield, or that he draws it in the first place.

So Jon is drinking a protein-enriched drink

You know what’s also in semen? Protein.

Oh, that Marmaduke!

Ha ha ha, ha ha ha, ha ha :face_vomiting:

I guess I had stopped reading Garfield by this point.

Gosh, first I’ve heard of this. It’s the sort of thing I would have expected to see finely hashed and re-re-hashed over at Square Root of Minus Garfield, or possibly Lasagna Cat.

(You should probably be careful where you watch that second link.)

Rarely does Garfield get associated with gags in any fashion.