"Gee, you crack me up!" Marjorie Taylor Greene thinks reporter's question about Covid deaths is funny

I hear you. But the defeatist attitude that we should just give up because 66% of one political party polled in one region of the country says they want to secede bothers me. Not that you’re making that claim.
Like @Melizmatic wrote, I care about the rights of all my fellow USians, of all my fellow humans, (and other living things, really) and while I understand the frustration that leads to the “just cut them off and let them suffer” mindset, I fight against letting myself fall victim to it every single minute.
But writing this does remind me of the spectacular failure when a bunch of libertarians tried to take over a town up here in my neck of the woods a few years ago…
ETA: apologies for getting so OT. Empty G is a monster.

13 Likes

No, I’m agreeing with you. The abolitionists succeeded despite the white supremacists wielding armies. The civil rights movement fought and ended segregation despite the white supremacists waging a campaign of terrorism. The idea that after all that, we have to give in to them because some cheap vote suppression makes opposing their party too hard is cowardly nonsense.

8 Likes

Right On Yes GIF by Women's History

9 Likes

Does this mean we can’t use the Florida sawed off meme anymore?

sad bugs

4 Likes

I mean, I think we all know that’s deployed in a strictly tongue in cheek manner, right? :wink:
Where would we be, for instance, without @FloridaManJefe ?

9 Likes

As a Georgian, my Floridian neighbors know we kid… right @FloridaManJefe?

@ClutchLinkey

coca cola coke GIF

10 Likes

oh, I get a kick out of the memes and jabs about Florida Man and I kid right along with y’all!
why do you reckon I chose this handle? it cracks me up. so, sure… saw away, Bugs!
edit: I do not wish to see any southern state (even you, Texas) split from the union. what I do want is for - as many here have already stated - R’s to have to win actual fair elections (which they can not)

9 Likes

The Keys would stay right where they are while mainland Florida would float off into the distance.

7 Likes

As an honorary Floridian (U of F graduate), I’m right there with ya!

(I’ve done a couple things that could be considered Florida Man myself, in my youth.)

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.