Gel wrist pad for keyboards

[Read the post]

My Godmother would chastise you for being lazy and not raising your arms/wrists above the keyboard.

Of course back in the day you had to put some UMPH into a type writer.

3 Likes

The somewhat opportunistically named ā€œIMAK ergoBeadsā€ makes wrist pads for both mouse and keyboard. Iā€™ve been using them for years (they last, and are washable fabric-covered), and the beads contour themselves to your wrists in a way that gel pads donā€™t. Well worth trying.

Awwwā€¦ I thought you meant a wrist pad for keyboards you wear on your wrist, like my Xybernaut.

3 Likes

We had IBM typewriters in the ā€œway back thenā€. The sheer hellish cacophony of noise and the torment on your extremities was enough to suck the soul from your meat popsicle. That ā€œwrist padā€ would have been a help thoughā€¦

2 Likes

Remember, wrist rests are for resting, not for typing.

1 Like

I had one for a couple of years. The fabric that covered the gel came loose after a year and I peeled it off, as it was becoming a nuisance. After using it without the fabric for a while longer, the surface of the gel cracked and exposed the sticky interior. The wrist rest is nice, but not very durable; I think this would happen frequently with most pads built like this. I relegated it to backup and got a new pad.

Ah but this one leaks gel. Also, it is personally endorsed by Mark Frauenfelder!

2 Likes

That one is good. This one is better. Itā€™s a few more bucks, but it has a fabric covering instead of vinyl, and mine has lasted me five years now with nary a poked hole or worn spot. It also has that sticky bottom surface that keeps it from scooting. Iā€™m on my keyboard 12-14 hours a day (work people, itā€™s for work), and I couldnā€™t live without it.

By the way, itā€™s $10.19, not $1019.

Iā€™ve got one of those.
Could really do with a new one, as mine is far too old and falling to pieces*

The keyboard tray on my pc desk is rather low, so i find it has the extra function of being a nice soft elbow rest when holding a controller for games as well :smile:

*First the rubbery coating started tearing, exposing the gooey gel interior, i ā€˜fixedā€™ that by wrapping it in electrical tape. A year or so later the electrical tape started getting worn, so iā€™ve stuck it inside an old sock.
Itā€™s a rather Frankenstein mess now, but still does the job i suppose.

Iā€™ve had a gel wrist pad here for many years and its great. whoever made this one really knew what they were doing cause its never leaked, good seals around the edge. Iā€™d like to tell you who made it but the name has worn off so badly all I can make out is what looks like ā€˜Hopenerā€™

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.