Gendered objectification

I’m pretty sure he fits the stereotype of a gay bear. And stereotypes play into objectification so it’s still on topic.

9 Likes

He’s what some gay dudes call a ‘bear,’ and he’s attractive enough to be date-able in my opinion.

Jinx!

11 Likes

Just going to leave this here…

18 Likes

I find this guy attractive as well.

It got me thinking about the “bear” body type, and then the “dad bod”. Is there a corollary for women?

8 Likes

I’ve never heard the phrase “Mom Body” used as a positive descriptor. On the other hand, I have seen plastic surgery ads for “Mommy Makeovers”.

11 Likes

This is the body of a man who does physical labor for a living and maybe has a couple too many beers on the weekends. Plus, this guy in particular may have a good sense of humor based on nothing more than his cheezy wink. Is he attractive? To me, yes.

7 Likes

Yeah. I can’t think of a female version, if there is one. I did notice that when discussing the above physique everyone mentioned his personality or what type of person he might be:[quote=“doop, post:427, topic:100802”]
Give me someone who has better things to do. That said, I’m now with somebody who doesn’t spend a lot of time on her looks, but man. Even not a lot of time is still, like, a lot of time.

But anyway, maybe that’s why I like Bjornsson? He looks like he could have gotten that body rescuing cattle from avalanches with his bare hands.
[/quote]

5 Likes

He also is a World’s Strongest Man competitor, and plays The Mountain on Game Of Thrones.

4 Likes

I have a tendency to put her on a pedestal, which is never a good thing and a practice, I suspect, she would despise, so I really appreciate your perspective.

No one is above criticism. (FWIW, I couldn’t get through the novel American Gods on first try back in 2001, but I’m very hesitant to tell people this for fear of being castigated. To be fair, I should try it again. It’s amazing how much our reactions to novels change as we age.)

8 Likes

rowr

(Although I’m not a fan of tattoos in general, they help paint the image here)

2 Likes

I nearly gave up on it as well. The middle of the book as the same problem as the Fellowship of the Ring - so much “nothing” happening. Until you get to the last third (in both books) and realize that it was all there for a reason, it set the tone for what was to come.

It’s worth getting through. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Try searching for “MILF body” instead.

1 Like

It says nothing good that this is only female term for a “comfortably” in-shape person (fit, but not so much that you are unsure if they have interests outside of the gym)

6 Likes
3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding of the term MILF is someone who doesn’t look like a mom, in that she meets all of the beauty and fitness standards that apply to single women but also has children.

12 Likes

Yep. A MILF is someone who looks like half plastic, half shoe leather, but is apparently a human mother.

I prefer the previous definition of the term.

3 Likes

I have to revert to my “body building and weight lifting are interesting” stance.

Thor is a strongman, not a body builder, he trains specifically for strength.

So he’s not being objectified or objectifying himself. Is he attractive? Hells yes. He’s adorable. But he’s not being objectified.

9 Likes

Not sure how much it’s worth, but I’ve been seeing the phrase pop up in my FB feed lately, mostly from actual moms.

Personally I default to most people being attractive in some way or another, but if I have a ‘type’ it’s what we used to call “more cushion for the pushin”

3 Likes

Grow that man’s hair out, and you have my “type”.

3 Likes

All the talk about MILFs reminded me of this:

I had to laugh!

7 Likes