General Sportsball thread

They are a thing.

https://www.amazon.com/Battle-Football-Player-Towel-American/dp/B091DBD1S6?th=1

And then you have a tense, exciting end to a game where you cannot take your eyes off it. Joseph was a security guard 18 months ago and retired injured at the end of the 2nd innings.

Took 7 wickets to win the game.

2 Likes

But Brandonā€™s looks like a tail. Itā€™s much longer and very skinny. Doesnā€™t seem useful as a towel.

Oops, gotta watch it on YouTube because NFL.

The video shows a lot more.

So this is a thing.

2 Likes

Idiots. Hey, maybe Aiyukā€™s is tai(y)lor made!

In a press conference, Councilman Brandon Johnson vowed to put another statue up in place of the one that was destroyed.

ā€œWe will make sure that we find a way to get that statue back,ā€ Johnson said. ā€œWe will continue to invest in this community, and this tragic incident will not remove that hope that we all have for the area.ā€

On that front, League 42 founder and director Bob Lutz said the mold from the original statue is still intact. The park will now be able to get a replica of the original Robinson statue, which was created by John Parsons.

ā€œFortunately, the mold from his work is still viable, and the statue that reappears at McAdams Park will be the work of John Parsons,ā€ Lutz said, per KAKE.

1 Like

Bonus points if they mold it from melted down Robert E Lee statuesā€¦

5 Likes

:open_mouth:

Just over 25 years ago they were one of the top teams in Europe.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not as familiar with the relegation/promotion rules in football as you are. It seems like any team that is relegated shoukd have protection from further relegation the subsequent season so as not to create a downward spiral. It seems like relegation really hits teams hard, and itā€™s not in the interest of the sport to see teams like Schalke just up and die after serial relegation.

Zoiks!

1 Like

Transfer deadline day news:

Owen Moxon, 2022-23 player of the season, has gone to Portsmouth

I knew Owen was leaving when he turned down the recent improved contract offer. This makes Carlisleā€™s League One survival fight a lot harder, but I canā€™t blame him. Two years ago he was playing part time for Annan Athletic in the Scottish League Two and working for UPS, next season he could be playing in the English Championship. We would have never got promoted without him.

Joe Garner also leaves, he goes to Oldham Athletic in the National League

One club players are rare, but ones who keep coming back are rarer. I donā€™t think Joe will return for a fifth time at Carlisle, so thanks for everything.

No news yet on any more Carlisle signings (Paul Simpson wants two, but Wrecsam got another player he was after), or if Jarrad Branthwaite will leave Everton. Rumours are that Charlie Wyke is coming back, but Iā€™ve been hearing that for months now.

ETA:

I hope heā€™s better than the stats suggest, 6 goals in 50 games is far from impressive.

Fuck. Iā€™m hoping for a miracle now.

(Sorry for the Xitter link)

There are the Premier League parachute payments in England, but they have created another problem of yo-yo clubs constantly being relegated and promoted over and over again. If that doesnā€™t happen the team could end up in a similar situation to Reading, who are massively in debt (Carlisle were worried about being 2.5 million in debt before they were taken over, Iā€™ve heard that the Reading debt is 100 times that!) and in the league one relegation fight.

1 Like

season 3 jason GIF by The Good Place

1 Like

This looks promising. Might be better if I could get high and watch but still looks cool.

1 Like

Korea Republic are 23rd in the world rankings, Jordan are 87th. To compare it to European football, it would be like Luxembourg beating Austria or Ukraine.

3 Likes

The gambling industry lobbyist blaming smartphone addiction for problem gamblers 9 minutes into the video

1 Like