Sing a song full of the faith that the dark past has taught us,
Sing a song full of the hope that the present has brought us;
Facing the rising sun of our new day begun,
Let us march on till victory is won.

Yeah, that’s super divisive.

3 Likes

Gaetz and Lake like anthems with a little mor ”Uber Alles” in them

1 Like

OMG, the Superbowl was an illuminati bait and switch!!! We were ALL focused on Tay-Tay that we forgot about Beyonce!!! /s

Will it be just country, or country and western?

1 Like

It’s Beyonce so, it’ll be both kinds of music. Also, the illuminati!

illuminati GIF

3 Likes

I think there is a pun thread but imma put it here as I’m sure the NFL is wondering what to do with all the international publicity as Taylor Swift’s boyfriend was doing something sports related (tight ending or wide receiving or something, I don’t know.)
Making bank somehow I suppose.

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

One quibble: the players don’t make more than most countires. The NFL rookie league minimum salary is $795,000 and the veteran league min is $915,000. The average tenure is 3.3 years. Their retirement plan is complex, but at least they provide one. Someone who completes that 3.3 average seasons would be vested in their retirement and would qualify for a pension similar to that of a public school teacher at age 55 with healthcare and other standard benefits. Between the average rookie age of 22 plus those 3.3 years of active playing, so starting at age 25, they need to make their minimum of $2.625M last 30 years ($87k/year) or get some other regular person job.

The average salary is $2.8M, so applying that times 3.3 seasons, they would need to live on $308k/year, which is pretty nice but not exactly the same as a whole-ass country.

2 Likes

Yeah, of course.

I hope that next time I’m about to take satiric humor that literally, someone reminds me how satiric humor works.

2 Likes

I just get tired of people, even in jest, vilifying the players. That’s often a right-wing talking point that doesn’t need to be propagated.

It’s not the players’ system and they make a lot of money for a very short time then need to figure out what to do with the rest of their lives, often with ruined bodies.

2 Likes
4 Likes

https://archive.ph/q8ypH

8 Likes

Flares possessed what?

I wonder if he saw the light, threw his gloves off and then got in a fistfight with an angel

4 Likes
1 Like