General Sportsball thread

4 Likes
5 Likes

Keep lying. Itā€™s working so far.

1 Like

Speaking of sportsballsā€¦

4 Likes

On Sunday Team Germany won their first ever race in the SailGP. Theyā€™re a pretty mediocre team otherwise, but that is mostly because this is their first ever season, so well done! Theyā€™re on a steep learning curve. The team is co-owned by Sebastian Vettel for some reason, by the way.

There was also this near collision with the French. For the record, while the French move was aggressive, it was within the rules (just). A more experienced helmsman would probably have dived behind them when it was clear the French would be in the turning mark zone first and thus legally allowed to block the inside.

2 Likes
2 Likes

(yahoo reprint)

3 Likes
2 Likes

Iā€™ve recently made several videos in which I criticize people who claim to care about children. I think itā€™s finally time that I make a video in which I actually call out a way that our society is actually harming children and efforts to stop it from happening. Because right now in the United States, we are allowing millions of children to choose a lifestyle that will give them permanent, life-altering physical changes that are irreversible and can be absolutely devastating. Parents and even schools are allowing this to happen because itā€™s not seen as ā€œpolitically correctā€ to call it out. Well, I for one am willing to put myself out there because frankly I care more about our nationā€™s children than I do about being seen as ā€œrespectfulā€ of this damaging culture.

Thatā€™s right, itā€™s another video about American football. Why, what did you think I was talking about?

I swear Iā€™ll stop talking about hand egg for awhile after this one, but I just couldnā€™t help it because there have been TWO studies published in the past two weeks with the stark, absolutely unquestionable evidence showing that football is royally fucking up kidsā€™ brains.

7 Likes

Thanks for posting, great message.

Not that itā€™ll get through to brain dead people who like watching and otherwise supporting hand egg. Maybe some, though? :disappointed:

5 Likes

This video is one way to shock european and south american soccer fanatics

6 Likes

Iā€™ve seen games played in horizontal rain, so Iā€™m not that shocked.

6 Likes

They werenā€™t wearing leggings, that part I find slightly shocking. Even our handegg teams use cold-weather gear for playing January games at the northern outdoor stadiums.

2 Likes
1 Like
8 Likes

Take the blood-soaked riyal, face consequences

2 Likes

This is interesting.

4 Likes

Soccer Player GIF by Sadie

3 Likes

Coincidentally I met some Grimsby fans last night, on their way to Plough Lane, via a pub in Tooting, the result 0-0.

2 Likes

I think I know where I stand here. Iā€™ve never been a ā€˜Canes supporter before but thereā€™s always a first.

6 Likes