General Sportsball thread

6 Likes
5 Likes

7 Likes
6 Likes

Their success has always been somewhat impeded because their home pitch is a lot smaller than what the other clubs have.

3 Likes

OK, this was confusing for a few minutes.

It turns out that St Pauli’s chess team also got promoted to the chess Bundesliga, and Magnus Carlsen will be playing for them next season.

5 Likes

Remember that Weird Al movie UHF? Dr. Phil is trying to make a tv network like that using fundie cash

4 Likes

47? 100m? Old people can’t sprint.

Sprinting falls off a cliff in your early to mid 30s. Distance you can still do.

:confetti_ball::trophy: :confetti_ball:

3 Likes

Related

4 Likes

4 of the players selected are ex-Carlisle players, including 3 of the 4 goalkeepers. 3 of them have been in David Wilkes youth academy.

They aren’t making this easy for me, I really want Scotland to win finally get past the group stage.

4 Likes
7 Likes

6 Likes

I don’t think NFL owners represent a diversity of anything. Opinions is just one of the things that are all the same.

3 Likes

Indeed. And more to the meme’s point, there is a diversity of opinion among the 3000 players, but expression of some of their opinions gets treated by owners and the commisioner respectfully, while that of others (like Colin Kaepernick) can result in punishment and expulsion.

4 Likes

It sounds like a good deal, he goes from Carlisle to Wrecsam for an undisclosed fee, then comes back a few years later for free.

2 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

Now the tricky part is how we make sure the schools don’t abuse players under the rationale that they are being paid to be abused. Though I would say that was already prevalent (especially in football) and that paying players more has empowered players in the professional leagues.

2 Likes

I wish more sports teams would go back to this, I remember Carlisle United alternating between changing their home and away kits each season.

3 Likes