General Sportsball thread

Sad event in another rather dangerous sport.

6 Likes

It is of course horrifying, but I’ll take issue with the notion that it’s a shocking revelation, this has gone on since forever, only the names of the drugs have changed.

1 Like

It’s about fucking time. Wow, what great news.

9 Likes

Typical Rangers.

They invent the anti-gravity generator, and all they do with it is put it on a hangar to promote their new away shirt.

5 Likes

I thought that was their new signing, Ultra Violet, out of the Spectrum League? :wink: Though someone should remind him to wear pants!

2 Likes
4 Likes

Trying to figure what demographics overlapped to suggest making vtuber night at the Dodgers game a thing

(link)

2 Likes

I’m wondering if the choices of pink, white and light blue are significant, and how long will it take for MAGA to respond?

6 Likes

Can’t get any worse than what their competition is doing for the NBA… so long as Uki is able to keep his mouth shut about his opinions about white people lol

2 Likes

The Schools U18 FA Cup Final at Brunton Park that Trinity School won was a bigger game, but that was 30 years after this game, in 2004. You could also argue that I am biased, except I hate the school and the six years I was there still feels like six years too many.

A lot of the players in the 2004 Trinity team were coached by the much missed David Wilkes at Carlisle United

4 Likes
1 Like

florida panthers going for Lord Stanley’s Cup again!
who’da thunk it? ice hockey… in miami…
cool!

3 Likes

Sorry, I don’t recognize NHL teams that aren’t from somewhere you can play ice hockey on a frozen lake in winter. They simply don’t exist.

4 Likes

so, “original six” or gtfo?

coming soon to world cup hockey: Saudi Arabian League. sportswashing meets unsustainable energy use in keeping ice arenas frozen as F1 Grand Prix races around slurping up petrol and generally making life (and sport) shittier.

go panthers!

6 Likes

Not exactly. It’s not just bias against expansion teams. I mean, begrudgingly the Avalanche would fit under my acceptance. Minnesota is an expansion team and they are good to go. But Arizona? LA? Vegas? Miami? Hell (freezes over) no! :wink:

4 Likes

ETA:

5 Likes

Nah, we recognize the Islanders, Jets, Oilers, Flyers, Penguins, Sabers, Devils, Flames, Canucks, and Wild, too.

@duke: Avalanche is not an expansion team unless you’re counting it as a '79 expansion team - they were the Nordiques, a team that got moved from a place with natural ice in the winter.

2 Likes

I was counting the ‘79 teams as expansion teams. And don’t get me started about Dallas! :rage:

2 Likes

Don’t even go there. It wasn’t your hockey team that got stollen, it was mine! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes