General Spring Holiday Thread

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

5 Likes

Since I was born in Massachusetts, I am familiar with it as a local event.

4 Likes

My favorite MA specific holiday is evacuation day. Which just so happens to coincide with St Pat’s Day.

5 Likes

Happy Patriots Day to you, Sally! Are you going to run or watch the marathon?

3 Likes

No. I will follow the Marathon results.

4 Likes

https://archive.ph/WW3Qy

April 16th. The best spring holiday!

6 Likes

Huh? Wawa is 125 this year. :thinking: (and they’ve fixed up the goose too…) :smiley:

4 Likes

Happy National Haiku Day
Jasper-sniff-Lilah-haiku-100-400x400-315708410

9 Likes

Mother’s day is coming…

Happy Smile Please GIF by LAIKA Studios

4 Likes

12 Likes

oh, man! and here i thought 1st Saturday in May was Free Comic Book Day!
i’ve been doing it wrong.

9 Likes

The first Sunday in May is World Laughter Day…

…any proximity to other celebrations is totally coincidental! :wink:
:laughing:

6 Likes

5 Likes

Worldwide, huh?

Here in this part of the other hemisphere it’s heading into Autumn, and the top temperature was a balmy 17°C (or about 62.6°F).

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was naked raking-up-of-leaves happening somewhere (it can be hard work that warms you up, after all), but I’m not sure that there was any frolicking with daisy chains in these parts.

5 Likes

I was sound asleep, is this really necessary? A very large branch struck our house and woke me up.

Well, the branch and my wife yelling “oh my god”.

Our cats are no where to be found… I guess that’s where scaredy cat came from.

Spring storms.

6 Likes

We had a tornado watch today in the Chicagoland area/NW Indiana. They insisted there would be multiple sightings but it just seemed like a thunderstorm to me. That’s probably what headed your way.

5 Likes

https://weather.com/news/weather/news/2024-05-07-michigan-tornado-portage-kalamazoo-fedex-building-damaged?adRef=brn

8 Likes

There’s a Portage, MI? (I know, I know: there’s a reason it’s a common term around the Great Lakes.) I had assumed Portage, IN.

Which means the path of this storm front has been unusual. Kind of a boomerang shape.

4 Likes

Closed roads and uprooted trees everywhere on the way to work this morning.

And, we had some geese wanting to helping this morning. Lots of goose poop on a half million dollar boat.

9 Likes

birds goose GIF

9 Likes