Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Donald Rumsfeld is losing hope.

10 Likes

He’s this month’s flavor du jour of the week, anyway.

7 Likes

My heart bleeds for him.

7 Likes

At 83, he’s giving me hope that I will live to see him flat line.

11 Likes

Don’t hold your breath. Cockroaches like that live forever.

I can’t tell you if the use of force in Iraq today would last five days, or five weeks, or five months, but it certainly isn’t going to last any longer than that.

• Donald Rumsfeld, November 14, 2002

And it is not knowable if force will be used, but if it is to be used, it is not knowable how long that conflict would last. It could last, you know, six days, six weeks. I doubt six months.

• Donald Rumsfeld, February 7, 2003

[Endless shaking of pom-poms for an Iraq invasion later, and well into the occupation…]

I didn’t advocate invasion…I wasn’t asked.

• Donald Rumsfeld, November 20, 2005
8 Likes

Oh, Rummy, someone’s playing a song for you:

7 Likes

(not that Peter King is exactly palatable himself)

5 Likes

No, he’s definitely not. However, the take away from all this inner-beltway hate of Ted Cruz is that it confirms what we all suspect, i.e., he must be an insufferable sociopathic prick who doesn’t work well with others. :relaxed:

5 Likes

If Ted Cruz wins the nom. can we hold King to his promise that he’ll take cyanide?

6 Likes

I keep getting emails from MoveOn/Elizabeth Warren about Merrick Garland and GOP obstructionism on his nomination ending.

I am going to be sorely disappointed if he does end up getting confirmed.

4 Likes

Yeah - thanks Obama, you damn softcock.

Should’ve trolled the cunts with the most liberal nominee possible, instead of labouring the point that the GOP are obstructionist… Really? You don’t say!

4 Likes

Despite the shit going on in the primary election, you have to keep in mind that the main reason Obama barely got anything done is because the congress/senate refused to budge an inch; especially when they’re pandering to corporate lobbyists.

So the best way is to get things done is to replace the shills in congress/senate with representatives that caters to civil rights activists and environmentalists; instead of focusing on trade deals and military might, they should be concern about the well being of their people. We should also get them to regulate lobbyists so that it focus on actual issues as opposed to corporate interest.

The federal reserve is a scam, the military is over budgeted, and the justice system is broken; and I highly doubt the president themselves can change any of it.

3 Likes

We need to regularly vote out the people in office, to remind them that they serve at our pleasure. Unfortunately, too many congresscritters get entrenched in their positions and have little challenging their positions. The biggest wave of challenges recently came from the tea party, sadly. it’s too bad the left (whatever that means anymore) hasn’t done the same and brought challenges to entrenched politicians. The same can be said for the state and local level.

5 Likes

There are some promising candidates to support

6 Likes

Awesome! I hope they all win… none in GA, though.

3 Likes

Speaking of which, Maryland needs your help.

http://usuncut.com/politics/biden-more-inspired-by-sanders/

4 Likes

From the article:

[quote]“I like the idea of saying, ‘We can do much more,’ because we can,” Biden said…

“I don’t think any Democrat’s ever won saying, ‘We can’t think that big — we ought to really downsize here because it’s not realistic,’” Biden said. “C’mon man, this is the Democratic Party! I’m not part of the party that says, ‘Well, we can’t do it.’”[/quote]

Well put!

10 Likes

I wonder how close Cow is to this ballot measure. Sounds like his kind of thing in his state…

11 Likes

Not US politics, but what do you think of this, http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36124256 @zathras?

1 Like