Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

I seriously feel like throwing up right now.

17 Likes

Heā€™s up in Michigan, too. Stick a fork in the US, itā€™s done.

5 Likes

Oh hey did anyone happen to catch the earlier Alex Jonesā€™ chat-ala-mode with Ron Paul?

It was grand, all the funz. IIRC, as the wine doth take its toll wink wink nudge nudge hee-haaw, Paulā€™s biggest self-claimed success was stemming the stinking tide of ā€œpolitical correctnessā€ in America. SO GREAT the racists can be unguarded in everyday conversations. Itā€™ll be great for all the get-togethers.
Jones and Paul did a fine job of talking past one another and my view of Paul as the boring/kooky old ā€˜scream-at-the-black-helicoptersā€™ white dude does not appear to need editing.

IF the guy gets elected, itā€™s still a big ā€œifā€ whether or not he can keep the job for any length of time. I still have serious doubts if he can do it, even if elected.

4 Likes

oof. Hang in there. Deep breaths. Encalmitude. I think. JFC, donā€™t go down that rabbithole, USA.

10 Likes

You and me both.

16 Likes

18 Likes
8 Likes

Please donā€™t tell me weā€™re entering the darkest timelineā€¦

16 Likes

Nope. Still a lot of counting to go. America is better than that, weā€™re not going to elect that fascist.

14 Likes

Good on you. Keep up the optimism. Letā€™s all hang in there. It ainā€™t over until the three out of ten sings.

11 Likes

At least the Democrats didnā€™t do anything really stupid like nominate Bernie Sanders as their candidate.

12 Likes

Ditto. Iā€™m not even American. Took a look at the election results and had to grab some dimenhydrinate. I will lose my dinner and my faith in humanity if the stupidity trend continues.

11 Likes

Well, Iā€™m not going to be keepinā€™ yā€™all company. Time to finish up the bourbon and off to bed. Wake up and be surprised in the morning.

If it isnā€™t Hillary, I may call in sick and finish the Bourbon.

16 Likes

Fuck. Shit. Fuck, fuck fuck, fuck. Shit. Jesus fuck. Ugh. Shit.

22 Likes

This might be of interest to USians - while American networks apparently arenā€™t allowed to call states while theyā€™re still open, we filthy foreign barbarians can.

For example, this is the live result:

while this is the current prediction:

(the disclaimer on the page: Antony Green has called the US election race in states where either of the candidates enjoys a 10 per cent margin over their rival, even where polls are yet to close. Green can call states earlier in the count because US media can only predict the outcome in states where voting has closed. This is to avoid influencing voter turnout. The concern is voters will be discouraged if they feel they cannot affect the result.)

5 Likes

Four Horses of the Apocalypse stroll into a bar.

Bartender: Why the long face?

First Horse of the Apocalypse: trump has a potential chance to become POTUS. Now pour us a drink, ass.

18 Likes

** Divide By Electorate Error **
** Please Update Your Democracy **
** REBOOT **

EDIT:
Anyone else having flashbacks to Brexit?

19 Likes
3 Likes

Iā€™m feeling painfully aware of the fact that I never truly prepared myself emotionally for the possibility of a Trump win.

27 Likes