Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

World, please forgive us. We did not all choose him. He does not represent all of us. There are many of us as shocked and appalled as you must be… and we are at just as much of a loss in how to deal with whatever fresh hell is about to be unleashed. We are sorry. I am sorry.

I don’t know what else to say, I really don’t. I really never thought this would happen.

17 Likes

Yeah this. The hate machine for Hillary was way bigger and had much deeper roots than the Obama one.
Well fuck it you had a good run USA, maybe you will pull through this but it will take a long time to clean up the mess.

10 Likes

She controlled the party. Bernie didn’t. So she decided to nominate herself. I’ve not been a huge Hillary fan, but she’s so much better than tRump he shouldn’t have even made it on the ballot.

12 Likes

About that climate agreement … Yes, the one that was a desire to intend to plan, but at least it was that. I wonder what they’re saying at COP22 in Marrakech about now.

5 Likes

That’s the dilemma, people are fundamentally unknowable to each other. But - they are still able to do more collectively than they are alone.

2 Likes

Mirtazapine munchies imminent. Going out to fetch a pint of ice cream. Or two. Or three.

7 Likes

California looks like it is keeping the death penalty and also limiting appeals.

6 Likes

Well fuck. I had entered the after election party, disappointed only in that I was somewhat underdressed. Hours later. I left, dejected, and heartbroken, and with far more than just sartorial regrets.

12 Likes
2 Likes

I am driven to drink. For real.

8 Likes

I had to google Mirtazapine; the first hit indicates strong interactions with alcohol. I wonder if there is a medicenter open…

2 Likes

About a month ago, alcohol started causing me to have asthma attacks. This could not be poorer timing.

4 Likes

There should be, at least until Trump cuts that waste. Fuck me.

2 Likes

I’m a teetotaler (other than on very rare occasions) and I’m feeling intense cravings to get fucking wasted.

12 Likes

Ditto.

7 Likes

I do not drink. (Ditto).

5 Likes

Now’s as good a time as any to start. I hear smack is pretty amazing, too.

5 Likes

Fuck, say hello to President Pence. Fuck. The media is yammering about our divided nation and how Trump proves the need to listen more to rural (white) people, and I mostly want to drink it all away, and I usually drink twice a year. I’m still undecided about whether they’re ignoramuses, nihilists, or both, but am leaning towards both.

15 Likes

Hey, if you get an early start you might just not make it to the worst parts of tRump’s presidency.

6 Likes

Yeah I haven’t bought any booze cause it wasn’t a necessary expense, and it is probably good for my liver I didn’t go get some bourbon tonight.
Fuck. Fuckity fuckity fuck.

8 Likes