Generic 2018 U.S. Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Including both of mine and Cory Booker.

3 Likes

Oh, how I wish Moby had accepted that gig.

3 Likes
5 Likes

1:00am…sure, they’re out and proud about what they’re doing to the country.

6 Likes

Get Health Insurance Through Your Employer? ACA Repeal Will Affect You, Too

6 Likes

I am 100% for allowing import of prescription drugs from countries that subsidize the market. If you are drawing a hard line on manufacturing outside the United States for any product, this is one of the ramifications.

I know healthcare products get treated differently than an affordable car, computer, or refrigerator - but many of these senators voting for these restrictions are doing so for the jobs in their states. Regulation over quality, auditory bodies, and supporting the disenfranchised is the proper approach to all of these industries not just a few. American manufacturing will never compete without the same kind of restrictions enforced on pharmaceuticals, and you sure as shit know that the companies are doing fine while the employees are the same off as any other.

Weren’t the papers supposedly documents he had signed in the process of handing over his businesses to his sons (which is no less pointless than it ever was)? If freshly printed, he couldn’t possibly have had time to sign all those, even if there were only one signature page in each folder. I’m going with a bunch of blank paper in unlabeled folders, and I wish the press had swarmed the table :smiley:

6 Likes

I don’t remember that either way (about them being signed), I’ll take your word for it. I tend to glaze over when Trump is talking.

I agree, a little team journalism would’ve been great.

3 Likes

I can’t get an exact figure but it appears that a large majority of L.L. Bean products are made abroad.

Thank you to Linda Bean of L.L.Bean for your great support and courage. People will support you even more now. Buy L.L.Bean. @LBPerfectMaine

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 12, 2017
2 Likes

Heh.

LL Bean has that no questions asked return policy for any product you ever bought from them, right?

https://twitter.com/bloodhaii/status/819555300856492034

5 Likes

Correct.

So I have exactly…

counts imaginary tally marks

…0, yes 0 things to return.

In all fairness, I think L.L. Bean made a perfectly satisfactory response to the Grab Your Wallet boycott.

We were disappointed to learn that Grab Your Wallet is advocating a boycott against L.L.Bean solely because Linda Bean, who is only one of 50+ family members involved with the business, personally supported Donald Trump for President.
L.L.Bean has been a family-owned business since it began back in 1912. L.L.Bean is a values driven company that has long been inspiring people to live life outdoors. For the last 105 years, L.L.Bean has been singularly focused on offering high-quality, satisfaction-guaranteed products and outstanding customer service in the Maine tradition. This commitment has allowed us to not only employ 5,000 hard-working people, but also donate tens of millions of dollars to non-profit organizations promoting environmental stewardship, educational attainment and a host of other worthy causes at the local, state and national levels.
Our owners, employees, and customers hold views and embrace causes that are individual and diverse. We are united by our love for the outdoors and our guiding principles established back in 1912 by Leon Leonwood Bean himself who believed “do unto others” was not just a saying, but a way of life. We fully acknowledge and respect that some may disagree with the political views of a single member of our 10-person board of directors. Like most large families, the more than 50 family member-owners of the business hold views and embrace causes across the political spectrum, just as our employees and customers do. And as every member of the family would agree, no individual alone speaks on behalf of the business or represents the values of the company that L.L. built.
With this in mind, we are deeply troubled by the portrayal of L.L.Bean as a supporter of any political agenda.
L.L.Bean does not endorse political candidates, take positions on political matters, or make political contributions. Simply put, we stay out of politics. To be included in this boycott campaign is simply misguided, and we respectfully request that Grab Your Wallet reverse its position.
Shawn Gorman
L.L.Bean Executive Chairman

7 Likes

This whole L. L. Bean thing is over the top nuts. Linda Bean made an illegal campaign contribution to Trump so he’s using his position as PEOTUS to promote her business… This is massively fucked up on levels that are hard to even express.

Linda Bean’s a large shareholder, but also in conflict with the L. L. Bean board and marginalized. L. L. Bean’s statement’s interesting in this sense:

In the tweet Trump was promoting her biz. with the @LBPerfectMaine, not L. L. Bean. There’s a theory that Trump is helping Linda Bean attack the L. L. Bean board by getting people to hate L. L. Bean.

God only knows what’s really happening, though, since it’s clear that Trump doesn’t even understand his actions.

10 Likes

So I can buy an advert for my company on Trump Twitter for $30K? He’s doing a better job of monetizing Twitter than its owners are…

(aren’t there some FTC regulations about clearly disclosing adverts?)

7 Likes

AKA, all the things that most people wanted kept in it…

4 Likes

Seriously, do you think they just literally asked every. single. person. that popped into their head that makes music? Did they ask Henry Rollins or Jello Biafra? Killer Mike? Public Enemy? Ian MacKaye? Tori Amos? I really want to see the list of everyone they asked at some point…

6 Likes

Lock her up?

2 Likes

Yeah, but it only riled up the Chick-Fil-A people to shop there more.

Sponsored POTUS Tweets. This is all just going to get way worse before it gets better, isn’t it?

11 Likes

Optimist.

You’ve currently got an incompetent fascist. Get rid of him and you get a competent one.

11 Likes
11 Likes

Although many Americans sacrificed much in WWII, y’all had a comparatively easy time of it relative to Europe and Asia [1]. No occupation, little bombing, and highly profitable instead of economically catastrophic.

This time, you get to find out what it was like to be German.

[1] Australia got off relatively light as well, although it was a very near-run thing at Kokoda.

8 Likes