Generic 2018 U.S. Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Bwahahahahaha

17 Likes

10 Likes

Basically an acknowledgement of two things: “I can’t stand being laughed at, and I lost my sense of humor back in kindergarten.”

13 Likes

But it’s even more reason for folks to go to Sam Bee’s ‘Nerd Prom’ thing instead…

Good for her.

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

insert chicken mp3 here

6 Likes

5 Likes

If you insist.

7 Likes
2 Likes

8 Likes

Agree, but the left has never made a dent like that in the DNC in a long time and cannot be ignored. I look forward to Ellison and Sanders continuing to push things forward.

4 Likes

Unpresidented

4 Likes

Dems continue to loudly declare that they’d prefer to stay as the loyal “opposition” to a fascist plutocracy if the alternative is to actually represent working Americans.

9 Likes

Yep.

Greenwald called it just right before the installation of Perez.

it seems Democratic leaders prioritize ensuring that the left has no influence in their party over strengthening itself to beat the Trump-led Republicans…the Democratic Party continues to venerate loyalty to its oligarchical donors above all else

4 Likes
12 Likes

The “why talk to my constituents, I don’t have to face an election for 6 years” approach?

9 Likes

Does Rubio think that a mysterious organizing force is giving all activists instructions?

Gosh, Marco, maybe every single answer you give is deeply unpopular and angers the constituents who you’re actively hurting. That couldn’t be the reason they’re heckling you.

16 Likes

Everyone knows Sean Spicer was born in Kenya and is a secret Muslim enemy agent.

6 Likes

Hmm.

10 Likes

This guide is the “Instructions” that Rubio is saying that they’ve been given.

Specifically:

AT THE TOWN HALL

1. Get there early, meet up, and get organized. Meet outside or in the parking lot for a quick huddle before the event. Distribute the handout of questions, and encourage members to ask the questions on the sheet or something similar.
  1. Get seated and spread out. Head into the venue a bit early to grab seats at the front half of the room, but do not all sit together. Sit by yourself or in groups of two, and spread out throughout the room. This will help reinforce the impression of broad consensus.
  1. Make your voices heard by asking good questions. When the MoC opens the floor for questions, everyone in the group should put their hands up and keep them there. Look friendly or neutral so that staffers will call on you. When you’re asking a question, remember the following guidelines:
    Stick with the prepared list of questions. Don’t be afraid to read it straight from the printout if you need to.
    Be polite but persistent, and demand real answers. MoCs are very good at deflecting or dodging questions they don’t want to answer. If the MoC dodges, ask a follow-up question. If they aren’t giving you real answers, then call them out for it. Other group members around the room should amplify by either booing the MoC or applauding you.
    Don’t give up the mic until you’re satisfied with the answer. If you’ve asked a hostile question, a staffer will often try to limit your ability to follow up by taking the microphone back immediately after you finish speaking. They can’t do that if you keep a firm hold on the mic. No staffer in their right mind wants to look like they’re physically intimidating a constituent, so they will back off. If they object, then say politely but loudly: “I’m not finished. The MoC is dodging my question. Why are you trying to stop me from following up?”
    Keep the pressure on. After one member of the group finishes, everyone should raise their hands again. The next member of the group to be called on should move down the list of questions and ask the next one.
  1. Support the group and reinforce the message. After one member of your group asks a question, everyone should applaud to show that the feeling is shared throughout the audience. Whenever someone from your group gets the mic, they should note that they’re building on the previous questions — amplifying the fact that you’re part of a broad group.
  1. Record everything! Assign someone in the group to use their smart phone or video camera to record other advocates asking questions and the MoC’s response. While written transcripts are nice, unfavorable exchanges caught on video can be devastating for MoCs. These clips can be shared through social media and picked up by local and national media. Please familiarize yourself with your state and local laws that govern recording, along with any applicable Senate or House rules, prior to recording. These laws and rules vary substantially from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

“They are instructed to boo no matter what answer I give” is a gross mischaracterization of the “Be polite but persistent, and demand real answers” point (unless every answer you give falls into the “not a real answer” category, which, with Rubio, I wouldn’t be surprised).

15 Likes

Sounds awful.

Everyone knows only people who voted for the person who won is allowed to speak to them, and even then, only to tell them how great they are.

Politicians being held accountable to their constituents? Sounds awful.

14 Likes