Generic 2018 U.S. Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Stuff like this is why I haven’t bothered reading The Onion in months. I hope their staff are doing OK. I can’t imagine trying to make a buck let alone a living as a satirist these days.

12 Likes

Boldly investigating the important stuff, not getting distracted.

5 Likes
9 Likes

Unconstitutional.

Lawyers must really be loving the age of 45; they’re getting more billable hours by the day.

13 Likes

How about this one, then?

Seriously, what is it about these Republican state politicians and these crazy bills?

I do love that in the other story, there’s literally a Republican senator for Snowflake.

11 Likes

Unconstitutional as fuck; it’s like begging to be sued.

That settles it; these fuckers have completely lost their minds in a drunken power grab, and are just throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks.

14 Likes
3 Likes

I think we’re going through a sort of bonkers popping-the-champagne-corks period in which 4channers, alt-right nuts, and Republican lawmakers feel like they can do and say every crazy thing that comes into their heads, freed from having to filter themselves or think twice about the wisdom or consequences of their actions. It’s not going to last long or go well for them in the long run.

11 Likes
14 Likes

Blech!!! I’d sooner write in Giant Meteor than vote for a loud idiot or idiotic poseur.

5 Likes

2016:

2017:

Maybe the clear message wasn’t clear enough.

6 Likes

Anyone want to pick which way the Democrats will go on this?

(I think it’s pretty obvious what they’re going to do, personally, but then I have very little faith in the party’s ability to pick the correct answer from 2 choices)

8 Likes

But hey, at least that makes them great representatives of the electorate!

7 Likes

Shock. Perez won. More of the same from the DNC, then.

At least he made Ellison deputy. Although that’s a sop.

11 Likes

Well crap. I wish I were surprised.

6 Likes

Yep, same old same old.

Fuck the Democratic establishment. It’ll take a long time to build a viable third party, but the US really, really needs one.

8 Likes

Except the vote was much more split than it would have been a year ago. That’s how institutions change, painfully.

The big thing is to keep pushing the things you believe in so they are represented.

4 Likes

On a personal level, Perez seems okay. But I’m not happy that he was pushed by the WH as a reaction to Ellison looking like the likely winner.

Probably doesn’t mean much in terms of what happens, but it’s another little FU to the left of the party.

I hope he does a decent job of organizing for 2018, regardless.

4 Likes
2 Likes

This is from that John Dean.

9 Likes