Genesis (the trio) are reuniting for a tour

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/04/genesis-the-trio-are-reuniti.html

4 Likes

Without Peter Gabriel, no thanks…

11 Likes

ROGER THAT!

4 Likes

http://darylstuermer.com/

You misspelled the name

#corrections

But isn’t Phil Collins completely deaf?

No, he’s had hearing problems in the past, but they were not permanent. He does apparently have back issue that affect his ability to walk, play piano, and hold drumsticks.

1 Like

And Gabriel-era Genesis tribute act The Musical Box is also on tour if you prefer a little less pop, a little more prog.

3 Likes

I heard they are only going to be doing Garden Wall songs.

Grab your things, I’ve come to take you home…

1 Like

Not to mention Steve Hackett has been touring for years playing 70s Genesis with singer Nad Sylvan and a full band, and they sound great.

3 Likes

The end of that land of confusion video was the encapsulation of the cold war for me as a little kid. Hitting the nuke button by accident terrified me. I didn’t know where my memory of it cane from until just now. I guess i I know what my therapy session will center on this week.

1 Like

U G H…no thank you

I don’t necessarily dislike artists just for being right-wing, but in this case the Thatcherism resonates somehow with why I don’t, in fact, like Phil Collins.

in between the prog and pop periods they made a really weird new-wave album

2 Likes

I thought it was weird that Genesis announced a reunion tour today, and weirder still that the only dates they announced were in the UK, considering that I could swear I’ve seen ads for a Genesis concert in the Paris Métro for at least a week now. This explains it – I’ve been seeing ads for The Musical Box, but with Genesis prominently mentioned on the poster…

2 Likes

We saw them in L.A. several years ago. Hackett is incredibly creative, takes musical risks, and is still one of the best rock guitarists in the world. Both he AND Gabriel sniff at any talks of getting back with GENESIS, especially with Collins in.

2 Likes

Sorry, but pretty much the only prog rock group I ever really, really liked was Gentle Giant.

1 Like

I think coronavirus will turn this into a non-event (and indeed many other band tours)

1 Like

I hope they don’t get attacked by a giant hogweed …

1 Like

I’m right with you regarding Gentle Giant, even saw them once, but Genesis, up until Gabriel left, King Crimson, Greenslade, Soft Machine, Jethro Tull, and not forgetting Pink Floyd, were all hugely important and their influences are still apparent today. You can even draw a parallel between Genesis and The Kinks, with their very English sense of whimsy and story telling within their songs.

2 Likes