Genius picket signs from the Hollywood writers' strike

Originally published at: Genius picket signs from the Hollywood writers' strike | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I’m happy to see some of the older writers bringing out the classic:

16 Likes

Always been painfully aware that series i’ve watched are made or broken by the writing. The best acting, the best production values, nothing helps if there’s a “what the hell??” in the plot and/or makes no sense happenstances (‘Lost’ for instance). For example, in terms of (adult?) animation even some of the most dubious animation techniques can be saved by excellent writing (For some reason “Home Movies” leaps to mind. bad animation great writing)

So: Go writers go! Stick with the union!

9 Likes

I’ve been fantasizing about the WGA upping their demands every time the corporations and their minions dismiss the concerns and issues. Which is happening quite a lot - in between the initial refusal to even respond to most of the WGA demands (or responding by proposing something even worse than the current status quo), and the various CEO statements, many of which have been pretty enraging.

9 Likes
12 Likes

There’s always money for the C suite. New computers, new furniture, double/triple digit pay raises, stock options, etc etc.

7 Likes

My ChatGPT generated picket sign was - “Who needs writers? Just add more explosions!” Not not bad especially for a Michael Bay movie.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Isn’t that how we got reality shows? Because of the last writers strike?!

Give the writers what they want!

8 Likes

So righteous!

Input from Young Turks and Adam of Adam Ruins Everything:

2 Likes

Just how you got some more people watching reality TV shows. The genre is often motivated by thrift, such as The Real World, but no writer’s strike was involved in its creation. Though, there was a WGA strike before COPS started.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.