Gentleman arrested for using mice and hamsters to get free hotel rooms

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/14/gentleman-arrested-for-using-m.html

3 Likes

He might have avoided getting caught if he hadn’t forgotten to take off the price tags.

5 Likes

Also no doubt responsible for the subsequent deaths of said rodents, which seems particularly scummy as well.

8 Likes

22 Likes

Did they, like, get free beer too eh?

12 Likes

You hoser.

4 Likes

tenor

11 Likes

I was really hoping he’d just trained mice to crawl behind the front desk when the clerk wasn’t looking and swipe some keys.

I was further hoping that, when they finally caught him, he shouted something like “defend me, my murine minions!” and a whole phalanx of mice formed up.

Reality is often disappointing.

16 Likes

So weird. I mean, I could understand releasing field mice or similar wild type coat mice to fraudulently claim “your hotel has mice”, but hamsters? Were they supposed to be pet store escapees? Lost pets of a previous resident? If you want to point to “rodent infestation”, why not just bring a little bit of mouse shit in a baggie… that’d be a hell of a lot easier than transporting live rodents and waiting for them to shit.

Are we sure this was Utah, and not Florida?

5 Likes

The photo doesn’t convey the proper mood, I think.

This one fits much better.

5 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text

(BTW, I never knew there was a remake.)

1 Like

Came here expecting Bob and Doug, left satisfied. Beauty, man.

1 Like

First, I was reaching for the Monty Python, because I misread it as “mice and hammers”.

5 Likes

Thank you for saying this. Very uncool for sure.

Plot twist: The hotel room was not for himself; it was for the mice and hamsters. A sweet gesture.

1 Like

Seems like the guy just wanted the feces and wasn’t actually releasing the rodents. Which is probably how he got caught.

2 Likes

Ah, ok then.

TBH, it’d be weird if we got a hotel room with hamsters, but I’m pretty sure that if we did, GirlChild would insist that we not tell the hoteliers until we checked out, and we’d spend most of our vacation time trying to make friends with the rodents, and giving them treats. It never occurred to me that it may be a lot cheaper (than going on vacation somewhere) to just get some hamsters and let them loose in a room, put the kid in it for a few days, then steam clean the carpet…

1 Like

:thinking:

1 Like

It really wasn’t so bad until they started Bogarting all the cheese at the continental breakfast bar…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.