Gentleman fabricates car urination system so he can pee while driving

Troublesome to think that feces are in those thigh pads.

1 Like

Don’t airliners also sprinkle their pee out a hole in the bottom of the plane? Sometimes leading to blue ice chunks falling on people’s houses in the winter?

I have a solution: Stop the goddam car. Get out. Use the restroom at McDonalds. You need the exercise anyway.

3 Likes

Not intentionally, no. But apparently it happens periodically due to leaks.

How a plane can take off with a leaky anything being noticed makes me think twice about flying.

1 Like

I also ride a motorcycle, and have used something like this for endurance events. Of course, it was a much smaller hose, running down the inside of my pants leg and exiting near my heel. I’ll leave the rest of the setup as an exercise for the reader.

In learning to use this setup, what surprised me the most was that it is nearly impossible to overcome a lifetime of conditioning, and willingly “let go” while fully clothed, not to mention tooling down the freeway at 65+ MPH on a motorcycle. Oh, and if anyone is on the road around you, it’s similarly impossible. I found myself occasionally having to pee incredibly badly and still unable to will myself to do so without immense concentration and focus.

8 Likes

Try counting backwards from 100, though I’d suggest trying it with something less intense than an event as the attendant break in focus which makes that trick work may also be hazardous while on a bike. Y(P)MMV etc.

1 Like

8 Likes

3 Likes

Oddly enough, Stephen King wrote something about this very principle, in the opening chapters of Firestarter. Talking about a psychological experiment to see if they could get people to overcome a lifetime of conditioning and pee while fully clothed. It’s one of the things about the book that’s stayed with me all these years after reading it.

4 Likes

Particularly concerning considering that this was (fictionally of course) largely a blade fighting culture (yeah yeah, maula pistols aside).

Must have been some cultural prohibitions against just zipping by and slashing an enemy’s leg, leaving him to die of a septic wound.

2 Likes

I experienced something similar the first time I snorkeled. It was surprisingly difficult to convince myself to breathe in when every sense is screaming at my brain that it would be a really bad idea.

6 Likes

What the hell?! I’ve driven cross country many times and taking 3-5 minutes to go piss while gassing the car up was never an issue. Then again I’ve never been in a cannonball run style race either.

1 Like

No…I don’t think this system handles defecation…

2 Likes

Many years ago while doing 14 hour convoys with minimal stops the done thing was to use an empty Gatorade bottle. However, since the heat was non-existent in a HMMWV one had to drive in a sleeping bag, which made the Gatorade maneuver quite tricky. Picture hurtling down the autobahn in a military vehicle, clothed in winter gear and in a sleeping bag, attempting to use a Gatorade bottle while the passenger held the steering wheel for you. This mechanism would have been quite welcome (quite a relief?).

3 Likes

I would use this.

I am not proud of that.

1 Like

if he was driving a hydrogen powered car he could refine it into fuel.

…or if he had one of these.

1 Like

37 comments and no one seems to have mentioned my solution back when:

My girlfriend at the time used above plus

Usually about 50¢

Condom catheter?

Glad I don’t have a convertible anymore. How about you motorcyclists?

On a recent roadtrip. I bought a 20 ounce plastic cup. Then I’d pull to the side of the road when the need arises, used that & then dumped the cup out the window.