Gentleman fights truck and falls into wet concrete

Agreed. As I see a lot of older folks sinking into dementia, I can not find amusement in this video.

4 Likes

Yeah, it gives me the sads, too.

2 Likes

cc @hanni5

While we have no way of knowing if this man has any issues or not (and we should not speculate/diagnose)…it’s the first and reasonable thought that there could be something wrong. OFC he could just be a complete asshole too. But I don’t feel good laughing at him, I’d rather err on the side of being compassionate.

2 Likes

Can we laugh at knock knock jokes, or should we feel bad for the door?

Honestly, I think it shows just how deep the irrational anti-government sentiment goes with some people. Yes, the government can be poorly run, and be a bureaucratic nightmare sometimes. But it can also set up programs that work so well they all but disappear until people start to chip away at them under the guise of the government “taking away our freedom”. No, jackass, they are just fixing the pot holes on your street! Part of the reason that you pay taxes. if there is anything I want the government to stay out of it’s regulating most kinds of personal morality (reproductive health, marriage rights, drug laws, that kind of thing). What I DO want them to do is to put our tax dollars to work on major projects that benefit all of us and would be absurdly hard to undertake as individuals (building public infrastructure, public education, health care, etc).

6 Likes

The only thing obviously wrong with that man is his immensely overgrown sense of entitlement.

White man breaks shit that isn’t his, makes a ton of extra work for hardworking brown people, and then berates those same people, all because he wanted something he wasn’t entitled to in the first place.

Murica.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.