FOOTAGE: From out of nowhere, a truck flies in

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/07/footage-from-out-of-nowhere.html

4 Likes

Holy incredible reaction time by the young man working on the mower. He was up and in the garage faster than a blink of an eye,

23 Likes

“…got distracted…” Waddaya think? A bee? Spilled some hot coffee on his lap? Service engine light came on?

It can’t have anything to do with cell phone usage, because that’s illegal!

15 Likes

So the solution to someone skipping the toll is to shred their tires and block the lane to traffic while the mess is cleared? Doesn’t seem like a great way to recover that lost $4.

ETA: no, I misunderstood the video. just an idiot trying to skip the fare and puncturing his own tires

4 Likes

I think the tire failure was due to dragging the rims against the edge of the barrier. Split rims with high pressure truck tires would not react well to that.

15 Likes

Scrubbing the last 10 seconds back and forth made me giggle. Kid working on the mower has some amazing reflexes, could have a future in pro-sports.

5 Likes

That kid needs to play the lottery, one lucky kid.

5 Likes

He was definitely fast. I’m impressed by the guy that ran out of the garage directly after that, his quick reflexes to help the person driving the truck should be commended as well.

17 Likes

Every time I read these kind of stories and this expression, I wonder why the English language hasn’t come up with an adequate translation for “Schadenfreude”…

1 Like

This is English! We don’t need no stinking translations! If a word rolls off the tongue well enough we just steal it outright.

17 Likes

Oh wow you’re exactly right. Just a negative side-effect of the guy trying to run the mechanical arm. For some reason I thought it was some kind of spike system which seemed insane.

3 Likes

Surely not! Why, that’s unthinkable!

2 Likes

English doesn’t borrow words from other languages. It beats them up in dark alleys and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

23 Likes

young kid in a truck hauling a trailer got distracted

In his defense, he was only speeding so that he could get to the action part of this video in time.

“The video’s only a minute long and I’m still more than 45 seconds away!”

14 Likes

What the truck?!?

1 Like

I hope the driver survived.

4 Likes

Less than 2 seconds in fact.

2 Likes

I bet the owner of the GMC Sprint (?)…Pontiac Le Mans (?) under the blue cover feels pretty lucky, too.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Notifying you now that I’ve stolen this and will never give you or anyone else credit. It’s mine I tell you. Mine!

Edit: Okay, you’re paraphrasing James Nicoll. I can dig it.

5 Likes