Gentleman glues his head to Vermeer’s “Girl With a Pearl Earring”

This. Make sure they’re constantly monitored so if they get loose they can be immediately tossed out, but just lock the door, turn off the lights. Confiscate any cell phones before locking up.

2 Likes

Kinda. There are different levels of glazing art and in the cases where the glass is inside the original frame, the frame can still be badly damaged, as happened with a mashed potato attack on a Monet painting in Germany a few days ago.

Prompted by this incident, this is actually a really balanced article on the trend. Worth a read: Attack on Monet artwork: German museums react – DW – 10/25/2022

9 Likes

At the end of the video, someone goes and stands in front of the performers, blocking the shot – seems more effective.

2 Likes

apparently they have experts advisng them

“The work was partly chosen because an art restorer advised Bramwell and his team that it had the requisite layers of paint and lacquer to withstand a light adhesive.”

For some reason, the art restorer did not give his name.

4 Likes

Well, the mashed potato people didn’t. Unless they were taking advice on how to most effectively damage the painting

6 Likes

Pearl’s a singer
She stands up when she plays the piano
In a nightclub

Pearl’s a singer
She sings songs for the lost and the lonely
Her job is entertaining folks
Singing songs and telling jokes
In a nightclub

Pearl’s a singer
And they say that she once was a winner
In a contest

Pearl’s a singer
And they say that she once cut a record
They played it for a week or so
On the local radio, it never made it

She wanted to be Betty Grable
But now she sits there at that beer stained table
Dreaming of the things she never got to do
All those dreams that never came true

Pearl’s a singer
In a nightclub

Pearl’s a singer
In a nightclub

Pearl’s a singer
In a nightclub

Pearl’s a singer
In a nightclub

5 Likes

It’s fine because the gallery made an NFT of the Veermeer

5 Likes

Yes, but one is just ham-fisted and annoying, and one was trying to KILL people… so not the same at all.

Given that it’s mostly white people doing this dumb shit, I really doubt it.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty filled with violent rage when these idiots try to destroy art. I can’t believe a museum patron hasn’t attacked one of these assholes yet.

2 Likes

This guy sounds like he may need need medical help, but once again, I say leave protesters glued to “whatever” for two days (No food, just water.). They won’t do it again. I like the suggestion of taking their pants, too.

As far as I’m concerned, anyone participating in these art gallery protests have effectively pantsed themselves.

I also don’t understand why the protestors who glue themselves to various surfaces or their comrades don’t show up with the means to relieve themselves with some amount of dignity under the circumstances. This became especially apparent when the “genius” Scientist Rebellion activists at the VW glue-in complained that the showroom management wasn’t accommodating them in that regard. That particular protest made me think of this.

3 Likes

Planting trees, applying to work at ethical environmental technical companies or organizations focused on mitigating climate destruction, working or volunteering in politics to elect representatives/leaders who understand and will work on climate change, work locally to make your village/town/city less environmentally destructive, work in sustainable farming/fishing…

It just seems like there’s a lot of grown up work that should be done before we get around to gluing ourself to paintings. Still not convinced that this isn’t being done at the behest of Koch brothers or some other assholes who want to make climate change activists look bad.

4 Likes

I’ve seen nothing but derision from people since the first time some goober decided CA glue was the best way to protest. I guess the attention is worth everyone thinking you’re an idiot.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.