Gentleman in car crash gives police his dashcam to prove innocence, but footage shows him committing earlier crime

I wonder why they’re not charging him for the break in. Or maybe they will be?

Its possible that you could see him at the front of the car, move off screen and come back. Alternatively he may have had a cam facing the front and back of his car. Not knowing more details though that’s a lot of guessing :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

There is no one quite so sanctimonious as a criminal who is actually innocent of a crime. (Not other crimes, just this one.)

2 Likes

no self incrimination before Miranda? but TBH i have no solid idea about the US legal system.

And then he was arrested again two days later, this time because he “allegedly threatened to shoot his brother with an assault rifle and pistol,”

Assault rifle’s a two-handed weapon. He’s gonna need a feat if he wants to dual-wield it with a pistol.

8 Likes

Thinking about it some more, I suppose the camera could have caught his reflection on the inside of his front windscreen.

Either there or as a reflection on the storefront or elsewhere. I did think about this after my post, but i am curious how much is guesswork and how much can actually be seen on the dashcam.

1 Like
3 Likes

An updated version of this classic, I presume?

3 Likes

What a moran!

Cameras see everything. Have you not been listening to Cory?

Maybe that Moran mounted his dash cam on the rear window dash.

Just a guess but suppose he backed into a spot across a lane from the place, and at night the window of the dark business acted as a mirror.

1 Like

Fun fact: that song is one of the sources of Foul Ole’ Ron’s catchphrase “Millennium hand and shrimp!” (Foul Ole’ Ron being a tramp in Ankh-Morpork, pearl – or other secretion-coated piece of grit – of Terry Pratchett’s Discworld).

Apparently it came about when Terry fed a Markhov-chain text generator with They Might Be Giants lyrics and the menu from his local Chinese takeaway.

4 Likes

Yeah, well we know he didn’t put points into intelligence, lockpicking or concealment so he probably had plenty of points available.

4 Likes

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.