Gentleman in "God" t-shirt attempted to burn down Satanic Temple in Salem, Mass.

Originally published at: Gentleman in "God" t-shirt attempted to burn down Satanic Temple in Salem, Mass. | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Hoo boy has He let Himself go since the days He was modeling for Michelangelo.

11 Likes

I know exactly which God this gentleman’s t-shirt refers to.

15 Likes

You can try with the T-shirt; but I’m pretty sure that Team Underwriter still doesn’t consider arson to be an act of god.

14 Likes

His middle name is Damien? Come on universe, you’re not even trying to hide the sarcasm anymore!

30 Likes

12 Likes

I always love the Satanic Temple, and Greaves’s response is no exception.

7 Likes

13 Likes

And his last name is Lucey fer what it’s worth.

17 Likes

I did think of this, though the short form of Lucifer didn’t occur to me until reading your response.

12 Likes

Hands down my favorite comedy special of all time - he was on fire during this time in the best sort of way. I know some of his observations are a bit gruff today but, man, so transformative and influential for me.

3 Likes

Trying to burn Satan and his devils? If he’d spent more time playing D&D and wasted less time praying, he’d at least have minimum basic knowledge of damage immunities and resistances. He going to go after Poseidon with a water balloon next?

16 Likes

Isn’t it funny how localized so many people’s sense of faith is to a physical building? Church : that place where everyone gathers on Sundays to compare clothes and sit in a room agreeing with each other. The church, the physical space, is what these people worship; not a god or a faith. They praise their own community, and worship at the altar of shared delusions. So, I guess it’s not a surprise any time one of these people think burning a satanic temple will end another person’s belief in the woowoo supernatural (I don’t capitalize god or satan because I firmly don’t believe either to exist), because they think god is the church. The church is god. The congregation is god. So, if we burn the temple then that ends the contrarian silliness that is satanism, right? Right. It’s that depthless sort of thinking that will be the doom of this world.

9 Likes

Especially given what Jesus said in the Bible, specifically Matthew 6:5-6:

6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

11 Likes

pattern ABOUT US

The Mission Of The Satanic Temple Is To Encourage Benevolence And Empathy, Reject Tyrannical Authority, Advocate Practical Common Sense, Oppose Injustice, And Undertake Noble Pursuits.

12 Likes

That’s what they want you to think! Remember, the devil lies and cannot be trusted!

… And they serve lousy popcorn at their services!

4 Likes

… they serve popcorn??? Even if it’s lousy popcorn, that might be worth it…

3 Likes

It’s unfortunate this incident did not follow the ultra-karma trajectory of the homemade bomb story.

1 Like

Not a good look when it’s seen by the side of the road and with a flat tire.

3 Likes

Ah, but the photo was taken during daytime. Once the sun sets, that thing moves!

It’s right there in the name.

3 Likes