Gentleman on a party truck tosses a beer can into a car, passenger throws it back in his face

Was the beer okay?

3 Likes

Here in Detroit we have the drunken bicycle thingies, in which everyone’s pedalling around a bar in the center. All I can think when I see them is, “That looks like a lot of fun, and a lot of sore ass legs tomorrow.” Never seen any rude behavior from their denizens, just lots of laughter, and waving back at the people in cars who wave at them.

3 Likes

I’m sure the puking/mis behavior/belligerence is part of the show.

3 Likes

They seem to be too busy laughing and trashing their leg muscles to bother with rudeness, but I’ve never followed one for an hour to find out.

2 Likes

Tell me more…

3 Likes

Lemme see if I can find a pic…

About Detroit’s Premier Party Bike - The Michigan Pedaler

ETA: Love the pupper!

3 Likes

nice-shot-top-gun

2 Likes

When I first saw one of those I wondered what the point was, and concluded that it may be partly to control the animals by giving them something to do. They’re certainly less menacing than a party bus or a white stretch Hummer with Essex people sticking out the roof hole.

2 Likes

You’ve not experienced a Panhellenic infested group-drunk-bike, it seems? Can’t say if East Lansing has been plagued by one yet, but Ann Arbor sure has. :confounded:

2 Likes

Nope. We don’t have an overabundance of frat rats (as mom invariably called them) here, thank fuck. /dramatically wipes brow in relief like an overdramatic Victorian lady You do have all my sympathy. The same type shouted “Punk sucks!” at me out their car windows during high school.

All the drunken bicycle thingies I’ve seen were populated by diverse late 20s - early 30s folks, and they were having a great time, even when I saw them one rainy night. They just grinned and waved right back. :smiley:

The last one we saw was on our way to the godly Fox Theatre to see Bryan Ferry on his most recent tour. :smiley:

3 Likes

I may be a Yankistani, but I know enough re: life across The Pond to be terrified by that image. Horresco referens!

I know how this will ends. In this case they started with an orange, and ended with a tourist attraction.

1 Like

I think the more interesting part than the lout was how the driver of the party mobile (I think he was the driver) got out and made sure things didn’t escalate, picked up whatever landed on the asphalt, and even seemed to offer his apologies to the passenger in the car.

That guy deserves more attention than the lout.

5 Likes

1 Like

Okay, but whose dumb idea was it to load a bunch of drunk idiots onto the bed of a flatbed truck and drive them around town in the first place? How is that even a thing?

3 Likes

That was alcohol abuse, allright!

That was too good. Right in the kisser.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.