Gentleman owns the libs by burning his daughters' $3,500 Olivia Rodrigo tickets

Originally published at: Gentleman owns the libs by burning his daughters' $3,500 Olivia Rodrigo tickets | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Iron Man Reaction GIF

20 Likes

She probably had a backup copy saved to a sd card she hid away from that weirdo lol

14 Likes

So, you’re meant to spread, and possibly suffer serious repercussions (up to and including death) from an easily preventable disease…

I See Yes GIF by NETFLIX

24 Likes

If he really wanted to prove his dedication he would open up the Ticketmaster app on his smartphone and then toss the device into the fireplace.

36 Likes

I’ll just leave this here…

23 Likes

In any case, I’m sure Ms. Rodrigo appreciates the $3,500 donation.

$3,500? The scalper he bought from is the one who appreciates it

18 Likes

Let’s just assume it was not Covid his daughter had to either show a vaccination for or a negative test for, but bubonic plague, or leprosy, or (insert long list of ‘old’ diseases people are glad are no longer around in the general population).
Would he want his daughter to go to a venue where anyone could have walked in with bubonic plague? Well, would he?
(Actually, I’m guessing he would.)

16 Likes

The cautiously optimistic part of me hopes that all this dotard theatre will give rise to an echo boom of youth who vote left simply because they were held familial hostage. But then, Stockholm Syndrome is a thing too.

10 Likes

Dude, you could be doing better work fighting for bodily autonomy if you’d please support pro-choice or trans folks right now.

16 Likes

This Is Fine GIF

6 Likes

Benedict Cumberbatch Destiny GIF by Spider-Man

6 Likes

Questions the proof of vaccination requirements, but fine spending $3,500 on a flavour of the month.

That is some serious coin.

8 Likes

He can print another copy. I’d be willing to bet that the printing step is wholly unnecessary, as phone screens can still be scanned.

16 Likes

So the venue became slightly safer, incrementally less crowded, with a lower concentration of assholes, and an obnoxious chucklehead with money to burn is out $3500. Win, win, win, win.

ETA: And his daughter learned, if she hadn’t known, that her dad is not someone to emulate.

11 Likes

Performative nonsense, for attention.
Tickets are digital.

10 Likes

It’s tax right off…

3 Likes

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

10 Likes

So what you’re saying is, he should set his phone on fire.

8 Likes

unless it’s also backed up in the cloud. Phones cost less than 3500.

1 Like