Gentleman sent to prison for shooting imaginary clowns in his apartment

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/14/gentleman-sent-to-prison-for-s.html

4 Likes

19 Likes

Remember: Just because you don’t see clowns doesn’t mean they aren’t there.

34 Likes

shhhh don’t let anyone know that when you dress as a clown you are invisible to law enforcement. lets keep this a secret.

6 Likes

This viral campaign for the new chapter of the movie It has gone too Far.

3 Likes

Fact: You are never more than three feet from a clown.

20 Likes

Please could you explain (to a UK citizen) what crime the guy has committed (by firing at imaginary clowns in his own home) to warrent five years in prison…!!! Disturbing the peace? Firing a firearm whilst under the influence of alcohol? What about the US right to bear arms (against imaginary clowns)?

2 Likes

Reckless endangerment comes to mind. Depending on what kind of rounds he was shooting they could go through walls. Firing weapons at imaginary clowns is a good way to inadvertently hit someone who isn’t an imaginary clown.

That said 5 years seems like a bit much unless he has a previous history.

19 Likes

Oh man. Imaginary clowns are the worst.

10 Likes

Are they a band yet?

13 Likes

He concluded that the only thing that could save him from bad clowns with guns was to be a good clown with a gun.

The ammosexuals will now likely demand that he not be deprived of his Second Amendment rights while he’s in prison.

7 Likes

What an idiot. You’re supposed to shoot clowns with seltzer or pies, not shotguns.

20 Likes

When will America realize it needs to prohibit drunks from owning guns?

eta: or perhaps better, prohibit gun owners from buying booze? (thanks for the suggestion, @Faffenreffer)

8 Likes

Is it possible they were ghost clowns?

7 Likes

When the NRA disbands itself?

3 Likes

I feel like we didn’t get the whole story here. How does a guy get 5 years for a negligent discharge?

2 Likes

I say work it from the other side and prohibit gun owners from drinking.You can either have a license to own a gun or a license to drink. There will be fewer incidences of drunken fusillades at invisible assailants, and I suspect, fewer gun owners. All good.

7 Likes

The post is inaccurate. The linked article says the sentence is “22 months to five years.” He also plead guilty to an unrelated drunk driving charge.

10 Likes

Sounds like a victimless crime to me…

icp-2

Just say’n.

5 Likes