Gentleman ticketed for driving in carpool lane with plastic skeleton in passenger seat

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/25/gentleman-ticketed-for-driving.html

6 Likes

Also if you are gonna have a skeleton ride shotgun. Get a full one. No disguising it. Just set it up like a normal passenger and enjoy the reactions from the normals as that is way better fun than trying to cheat your way into the HOV lanes.

8 Likes

If this is the weirdest thing that happened in Zonie Land that day, well that’s a good day, indeed.

4 Likes

No seatbelt violation? That bungee cord isn’t going to protect Skeletor at highway speeds!

5 Likes

he-man-skeletor-what

Poor Skeletor… he was just trying to do his bit for the environment by carpooling with a co-worker… looks like he got the short end of the stick yet again!

6 Likes

“He wasn’t like that when we left, officer!”

3 Likes

I would have declared religious freedoms as a Necromancer-American.

3 Likes

When I an adjunct at a community college, they asked me to teach a class that started at 6:30 pm. I said, “only if you get me an inflatable doll!” and they seemed very taken aback.

I live in Portland OR and the college is across the river in WA. The only bridge is Interstate 5, which has an HOV lane at rush hour. Without a passenger, I could leave at 4 pm and get there by 6, or I could leave at 6 and get there a bit past 6:30. I’d tried it for one term, and wasn’t about to do it again.

One advantage of being a ordinary-seeming white middle-aged woman is that I can entertain myself by startling people with strange remarks. (I did explain to them why I’d – in an alternate universe – do it with a doll.)

2 Likes

“My buddy here started off just sick but I’ve been driving around looking for an in-network healthcare provider.”

6 Likes
4 Likes

I’d forgotten about that! Robot chicken was/is awesome.

3 Likes

Probably it causes brain damage, but it is soooo funny!

3 Likes

In Arizona, you get off easy with a ticket. Had the trooper been able to discern the skeleton’s original skin color…

“No, officer. He’s just dying to get to work.”

3 Likes

And put the skeleton in the driver seat. Let him get the ticket.

2 Likes

Tired of turning into a skeleton on your daily commute?

Take the train and avoid the deadly specter of the forever traffic jam…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.