Gentleman tries to smoke and steal gas at the same time — it didn't end well

Originally published at: Gentleman tries to smoke and steal gas at the same time — it didn't end well | Boing Boing

2 Likes

9C047DEA-9BBC-400F-A24F-B95F03047E98

23 Likes

Sounds like an upstanding gentleman with 30 years of good life decisions behind him.

9 Likes

Came here for the Zoolander reference.
Was not disappointed.

17 Likes

The car was on fire, and it was his fault!

2 Likes

What became of his partner in crime is yet to be determined.

2 Likes

YARN | I am so smart I am so smart | The Simpsons (1989) - S05E03 Comedy | Video clips by quotes | 8471607c | 紗

7 Likes

Doesn’t always work out like it did for Jay Leno. One lucky SOB there.

5 Likes

He’s certainly pressing that luck:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/27/entertainment/jay-leno-motorcycle-accident/index.html

6 Likes

I recall a moment of terror from the late '80s as I realised the young gentleman filling the petrol tank of the motorcycle I was astride, was smoking a cigarette.

Nothing adverse happened but even now, some 30 odd years later I’m shaking my head in disbelief.

4 Likes

I saw one of Jay Leno’s houses on Antiques Roadshow. He shouldn’t be stealing people’s gasoline at all, let alone smoking while doing it!

In all seriousness I wish him a speedy recovery from his recent accident.

3 Likes
3 Likes

From the article, the suspect in an admittedly poor screen grab, looks remarkably like Beavis.

2 Likes

I can only imagine that the overlap between gas-siphoners and IEC 60079-wonks is pretty small; though if it exists it’s safer than the non-overlap gas-siphoners and has access to cheaper gas than the non-overlap IEC 60079-wonks, so there is that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.