Gentleman warns youngster against wearing Sons of Anarchy vest

Come to Oakland and take a ride up to Piedmont and explain that to the local Hell’s Angels (or one of the other local clubs) that they aren’t doing something “real.”

2 Likes

Like I said in the post: Some assholes.

Why would I ever want to be near them? That makes no sense.

1 Like

I dunno. I’m on good terms with some of the East Bay Rats. Their head is a friend of a friend and I’ve been at BBQs with them. I grew up hanging out with bikers that were friends of my pot dealing late father. They’re normal, working class guys normally. Nothing particularly wrong with them except they like to brawl and get drunk. That doesn’t make them inherently assholes but they get proprietary about their way of life.

As to whether you want to be near them, they’re around. There are at least three or four MCs within a couple of miles of me.

1 Like

If they’re ready to kick someone’s ass because he’s wearing a fake “cut” from a tv show, I stand by my original statement: assholes.
Indeed, I’d be tempted to say that wanting to brawl is enough to earn someone the label with me.

10 Likes

Yes, and IMHO that makes them both violent and stupid. Just as a real veteran would have to be stupid to kick someone’s ass for wearing a reproduction of a uniform from a fictional military.

Nothing particularly wrong with them except they like to brawl and get drunk. That doesn’t make them inherently assholes but they get proprietary about their way of life.

Maybe all bikers aren’t assholes, but anyone who would beat up someone for wearing a fake cut from a popular TV show is.

10 Likes

The world is full of assholes. Lots of dudes looking for a fight will punch you for staring at them wrong. Bikers (and skinheads and gangbangers aka younger men) like to fight for all sorts of reasons.

1 Like

Say what you will about the various uniforms from A Clockwork Orange, but they were DISTINCT.

8 Likes

and, if you’re crazy enough to wear the wrong vest, even one with included self-defence capabilities

6 Likes

I guess, depending on point of view. My point of view is “Don’t dress up like violent groups that you aren’t in and then wonder why they threaten you.” I wouldn’t dress up like a local gang in fake colors and wander around either.

I don’t dress like a drug dealer, hang out on a corner, and wonder why the cops harass me either.

No one was dressing up like members of a local gang. He was dressing up like a member of a WHOLLY FICTIONAL gang. Not something I’d wear either, but that’s some petty bullshit to start a physical altercation over.

I don’t dress like a drug dealer, hang out on a corner, and wonder why the cops harass me either.

And now we’re into some next-gen profiling apologist shit.

8 Likes

Wearing any cut is dressing up like a biker. Wearing a visibly fake cut is interpreted as mocking them and their way of life. That’s just how it is with them.

You think bikers need a reason to get into a fist fight? They enjoy it.

So, do what you want but expect the results it brings. That’s what I’m saying.

Yes, and that’s what makes them assholes.

18 Likes

Ha ha. Then the majority of working class guys that I saw growing up were assholes. Most of them enjoyed an excuse to fight, especially if alcohol was involved.

So, yeah, ok, they’re assholes. The person wearing the fake cut is stupid though.

I should take that off of you, but … (I’m alone and old and out of shape and you could probably kick my ass)

2 Likes

Being stupid isn’t a crime. Starting a physical altercation over a fashion statement is.

11 Likes

And fairly practical.

1 Like

So if you are wearing red or blue you are asking for it? Because people have been harassed for just that.

What about sports team jerseys? People have been harassed for that too.

Just wear a grey unitard to prevent any hostilities? No, no, wait, some Trekkie will claim appropriation of culture and stick a Bat’leth in your gut.

6 Likes

I was kinda hoping the kid would pound him.

1 Like

Knowingly wearing the clothing of a biker gang is not the same as incidentally wearing a color and wandering into the wrong place. Are you trying to pretend in an intellectually honest fashion that these are the same?

How about if you dress like a marine and go to a military bar when you aren’t a marine? What will happen, especially if you have a fake unit designation on your outfit? “Oh, I was just cosplaying a marine.”

I guess marines are probably assholes too.

Paul Humphrey, the biker who harassed and threatened a total stranger, has deleted the video and his Facebook page.

Apparently Paul Humphrey didn’t like being harassed and threatened by total strangers.

15 Likes