Gentleman warns youngster against wearing Sons of Anarchy vest

Because if you’re wearing a store bought leather biker vest or denim vest, no one is going to say anything. If you’re wearing a costume vest of a fictitious MC? That’s something else.

One of these is not like the other.

Fine, I’ll rephrase: “You even compared wearing a fake cut for a fictitious outlaw motorcycle club from a tv show in public to impersonating a uniformed marine inside a military bar.”

5 Likes

So? What part of that is offensive? That I compared our glorious, completely not thuggish or hardened killer, soldiers to a thuggish and violent group of men who ride motorcycles and brawl?

Both groups have uniforms with patches, insignia and identity. Both groups find it in extremely poor taste to wear those things if you haven’t “earned” them (through whatever means). I dare say, some soldiers would indeed kick the snot out of someone they found doing so.

So, what’s your point?

I do find it interesting that I strongly suspect that if an actual soldier got into a fight over something like this in public, people wouldn’t like it but they’d probably excuse it due to the “patriotism” of many Americans.

Make that video above a soldier on leave demanding someone wearing a fake uniform with insignia take it off…

1 Like

As much as I am sure you would like physical harm to come to me, the point isn’t that people will harm other people for stupid reasons. The point is that it is wrong to threaten such harm.

If the guy was black or Jewish or a woman or Muslim or what ever minority gets dumped on - and the guy filming was like, “We don’t take kindly to your type walking around here, pumping our gas, drinking our slurpees. Where do you get off wearing Dockers? Those are our pants. You know how many people died to get the right to wear those?” We would all be focusing the appropriate dismay on the idiot filming, not going, “Oh, well, you wore Dockers in Idaho, WTF did you think would happen?”

5 Likes

It isn’t always wrong to threaten to harm people? Isn’t that a given?

2 Likes

If so, what is with the “what do you expect wearing their vests” argument?

5 Likes

Tell you what, IF a soldier ever videotapes himself threatening a young person for publicly wearing a fake uniform from a fictional TV show about a nonexistent branch of the military we can discuss it then.

7 Likes

Nah, we’re discussing it now.

I’ve seen plenty of soldiers threaten people when hanging out places. They’re just guys.

1 Like

This is not the first time a SoA shirt has attracted the attention of a violent, armed gang.

3 Likes

“Do you know how many Joe’s almost died fighting Cobra? And now you are just going to prance around in here in that?”

11 Likes

Stop. 

16 Likes

A few yrs ago, when we had three Papillons sharing our house, I Shooped up a knockoff of the HellsAngels logo that read “Hells Doggies” and replaced “MC” with “AKC” . It’s cute and funny IMHO. Also IMHO if any HellsAngels member got mad instead of laughing then he’s an INSECURE asshole.

You can find my logo somewhere on the Interwebz if you look for a while.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Needs more mirrors.

#MOAR MIRRORS

13 Likes

har de har har har.

A lot of mutants got banned for those jokes, so don’t make them unless you’ve earned the right to.

8 Likes

Yeah, no.

There’s Sturgis during the daylight hours, when there’s a lot of “biker-types” and family-riders and whatnot hobnobbing, and then there’s night-time Sturgis, which does not feature the latter. I saw this not as somebody that’s ever been, but as somebody that grew up in eastern South Dakota and was used to the annual migration of bikes towards the west.

3 Likes

Like wearing a fake military uniform with fake medals that have fake names and ranks on them?

1 Like

#bernieOrBust

4 Likes

I read through a bunch of comments and theres one thing I’m wondering about that I dont see addressed. If this is SUCH and affront to 1%ers and they want to stop people from doing it why are they fucking with the dumbasses who buy these cuts and wear them. Why dont they wonk into any of the malls or dept stores that sell them and slash them all or inform the managers if they dont stop selling them they will fuck them up? Its kinda not forward thinking. I mean if the people buying these are supposed to know shouldnt the people making and selling them have some sort of responsibility?

2 Likes