Gentleman who wanted to show how easy it is to commit voter fraud charged with voter fraud

There’s a weird but growing movement on the far-right in this country that believes local “constitutional” sheriffs to be the singular authority in all matters of law enforcement. IMO, this kind of thinking is barely one step above the “sovereign citizen” movement, but I think the sheriff people are far more dangerous and can’t be written off as easily as the SovCit chuckleheads.

11 Likes

Hooray Wisconsin DOJ! [Just one.]

3 Likes

Welcome to the BBS!

2 Likes

Welcome to the “Fuck Around and Find Out” Club.

4 Likes

Oh! I feel so owned!

4 Likes

It sounds like he felt he was exposing how easy it is to order a ballot, which…is a good thing? I mean, I like I don’t have to have to jump through a billion hoops to do something I have a right to.

However, he used someone else’s personal info to do so, which is completely and totally illegal. It’s like him driving at 90 in a school zone and then complaining that Toyota shouldn’t allow his car to go that fast. He actually, deliberately, with intent, did something he knew to be illegal.

4 Likes

According to the criminal complaint, an investigator with the DOJ’s Division of Criminal Investigation alleges Wait requested eight ballots but all but two individuals gave him permission to do so.

The question is why did he request those two ballots when he could prove his point with the six that he had permission for. Then he might have gotten away with it by claiming to have been acting as agent of his friends. That would be a legit “penetration tester” action in my book.

But he probably realized that “I helped my friends vote” didn’t have that sizzling “pwn the libs” flavor he craved, so he chose to sacrifice himself for pwnage.

And the conspiracy theists he wants to rile up probably wouldn’t believe his friends didn’t just loan their id to him to fake results. The deep state taking him down is much stronger evidence. /s

1 Like

:thinking:

7 Likes

00766d1d-e3ff-4316-9cfb-8396074b1c97_text

5 Likes

unfortunately I get the feeling that for far too many of them, if they can’t do it on their phone it’s not going to happen.

Wisconsin allows felons to vote once they’re “off paper,” which means once they have completed all terms of their sentence, are no longer on probation, have paid all their fines and fees, etc.

I do find it interesting that he was able to successfully request ballots for some people but not others. Apparently he was requesting ballots for several politicians, including a state assemblyperson, which was unsuccessful, and the mayor of Racine, which was successful. While these numbnuts’ claims of voter fraud affecting elections are bullshit, Wisconsin might want to look at their process a little. It’s a little concerning.

2 Likes

Hopefully he loses his guns too.

3 Likes

I think he expects Trump to actually be President after the 2020 midterms and give him a full pardon and an apology. What he and the January 6ers’ fail to realize is that Trump doesn’t care about them. He (Trump) didn’t pardon the insurrectionist when he legally still could, did he?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.