GenXer dances to Midnight Star's Freak-a-Zoid, kills it

Originally published at: GenXer dances to Midnight Star's Freak-a-Zoid, kills it | Boing Boing

10 Likes

as a person of a comparable age to Bob in Accounting, all i can say is well done, sir. you got the moves, i’ll give you that.

30 Likes

I thought I was too cool for this song back in '83, but DAMN I love it now. How wrong I was. Soooo badass.

13 Likes

I think most of us of a certain age found ourselves reporting to the dance floor at least once in our lives.

14 Likes

Get it, slightly older White dude!

20 Likes

Sure, report to the dance floor, freak-a-zoid robots. But remember that there’s no parking on the dance floor.

15 Likes

I love music with robot voices in it!

He did kill it!

6 Likes

That was great. Serious Ricky Gervais in “The Office” vibes.

2 Likes

My dance moves represent “Who wants some Elaine in Accounting?” so I’d not report, and just watch/clap instead. :laughing:

15 Likes

Dang, he’s darn good at that. My break dance and pop’n’lock skills long ago atrophied.

4 Likes

I always heard it as “freak-a-zoids, robots,” not “freak-a-zoid robots,” so I assumed both groups should report to the dance floor. That would be a dance-off I’d like to see.

8 Likes

I probably have better moves now than I did when they played this at the 8th grade dance. But that’s not a very high hurdle to clear.

When our current 8th grader was in 3rd or 4th grade, I chaperoned a field trip to the Smithsonian. When we got to the dinosaurs I started singing “Walk the Dinosaur.” That didn’t go over so well with my charges.

9 Likes

All right bob I’m impressed.

6 Likes

Mine have evolved into pop(my shoulder out of socket) and lock(my knee joint) skillz.

punk rock dance GIF

14 Likes

If gen x wants to be “cool” we need to fix this mess we have made.

So long ago? Because it’s too hot?

7 Likes

That is great; is there any more available?

8 Likes

"We???"

I was born in '75, and “this mess” was already well established at least a good fifty fucking years before I was even a twinkle in anybody’s eyes, so miss me with all that finger pointing BS.

Also…

Wêl¢ðmê †ð ßðïñg ßðïñg, ñêw ¢ðmråÐê!

13 Likes

I reported, but was dismissed immediately.

oh no dancing GIF by HULU

11 Likes

What if they don’t care about being cool?

It seems like a poor strategy for community engagement to hang your hat on

7 Likes