"George Santos": Drag Queen?

If true, best non-made-up thing about him to date. But mightn’t it put a republican knicker in a twist? (here’s hoping)

10 Likes

That would make every Santos campaign event Drag Queen Story Hour.

17 Likes

If true, of course it won’t move them at all. They will either ignore it, or use it to “prove” that they’re not bigots against the LGBQT+ community. Even if everything he says was a lie, he’s still useful to them, so they’ll ignore whatever is not comfortable and keep stonewalling any investigations with any teeth to preserve their very thin majority.

17 Likes

At this point, what is he not?

Exactly… and while continuing to attack them. I can even see Santos admitting to having been a drag queen yet back hate speech and measures taken against said community.

10 Likes

They always use people like Santos to “prove” they are not bigots.

10 Likes

Interesting bit about absurdity and George-If-That’s-His-Real-Name-Santos from John Stewart:

“I really think that the reason why his scandal — people shout about it and things, but nobody really cares — is because of how he looks,” Stewart said.

“Everything about [Santos] screams of just mediocrity,” the Apple TV+ host said.

“He’s not obese. He’s not skinny. He’s everything in the middle,” Stewart continued.

But, the comedian warned, “The thing we have to be careful of — and I always caution myself on this, and I ran into this trouble with [former President] Trump — is we cannot mistake absurdity for lack of danger.”

“It takes people with no shame to do shameful things,” Stewart said, adding: “Absurdity is where the real danger always is.”

“You’d see [former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi and you’d be like, ‘Oh my God, he’s dressed like Michael Jackson. What a ridiculous person!’ He’s like, ‘And I’m developing a nuclear bomb,’” Stewart said.

“You’re like, ‘Oh f—. Its absurdity always makes you think something is more benign than it is,” he added.

“I misjudged Trump because he’s so ridiculous,” Stewart told listeners. “And then you think about, well, the worst people in history have been ridiculous!”

I don’t think Santos having played a drag queen will do a damn thing in the politics of the day. It’s that ridiculous.

12 Likes

Everything so far is US prime meat for David O. Russell. This is so in his wheelhouse.

2 Likes

He was the winner of the Miss Gay USA pageant three years in a row!

12 Likes

7 Likes

This fact and his stage name are probably the least interesting things about him.

5 Likes

Y’all are quite sure he’s a :us: citizen, right? I mean, nothing else seems to be adding up for that guy, so perhaps someone ought to check.

Mind you, I’d pay to see him show up to Congress in drag.

6 Likes

I’m still not entirely sure that he exists.

He could be lying about that as well.

6 Likes

Not just a liar - also apparently very, very bad speller and kinda stoopid

9 Likes

(sorry)

eta: was just a weird coincidence, honest

6 Likes

Is He a kind of AI generated person?

3 Likes

He was not a drag queen, he was just having fun in Brazil. Sheesh.

6 Likes

So by that logic, he’s not really a congresscritter, and is just having fun in DC?

Works for me!

Season 3 Fashion GIF by Martin

Wait for it…

Bonus…

3 Likes

For a certain sect of the evangelical right the redemption story is such a common trope that it is common to fabricate a backstory of sin, to then be redeemed. How many third rate preachers have you heard talk about their past with gangs and satanists, only to have seen the light. He’s basically a perfect candidate for taking that approach.

While there are questions about more or less everything about the dude, I’ll be staying far away from that one until actual evidence arises. There is a nasty history of de-legitimizing Hispanic figures by questioning their citizenship. Until there is something firm, the mere speculation hurts other people more than it takes him down.

4 Likes