George Santos fancies himself a crusader, comparing himself to Rosa Parks (video)

Originally published at: George Santos fancies himself a crusader, comparing himself to Rosa Parks (video) | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Cary Grant GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

28 Likes

We don’t care about your sexuality; it’s your relationship with the truth that’s distasteful.

18 Likes

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (gasp) Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (whew) Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Yeah. So.

16 Likes

After Trump compared himself to Christ, Santos comparing himself to Rosa Parks really isn’t that big of a lift. The bar for presumptuousness has been raised, and Santos is barely moving the needle here (*).

(*) Sorry about these two sentences. My “Metaphor of the Month Club” subscription rolls over in two days, and I’ve still got fifty or sixty that I have to use up before they send me a new batch.

18 Likes

Is truthfucker a word yet?

10 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever heard it before, but it’s a perfect description of so many GQP members.

5 Likes

Is it just me or is anyone else getting these random “???”
I feel like I am missing out on all of the snark.

3 Likes

Seems more like an Elizabeth Holmes to me.

3 Likes

I am not. Maybe a setting on your browser? The word was “truthf***ker”.

6 Likes

You know what, Mr. Santos? You’re right. Mr. Romney was wrong to tell you that you should be sitting in the back row when President Biden was giving his State of the Union address.

You shouldn’t have been allowed to attend the State of the Union at all. You should have been thrown out of Congress for the sheer volume of lies you told during your campaign. But because for the GQP the Party Trumps Country they let you stay.

You aren’t worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as Rosa Parks.

10 Likes

I’m surprised he didn’t claim that he IS Rosa Parks.

9 Likes

Imgur

5 Likes

“Philosopher” is pretty close, in a PG sort of way.

3 Likes

Yep. I look forward to the day when I can say “The Gilded Turd died for your sins”. I should get the t-shirt, bumper sticker and sport hat designs ready. As I see it, crucifixion is due for a comeback. Until recently I would have thought a politician saying “they’re coming after me because I’m fighting for you” would draw the ire of the Christers for so basely emulating their holy superhero martyr. But now, instead of evoking scorn the evangelical community appears to be enchanted by a spiritually bereft imposter stealing their thunder. Uncanny.

6 Likes

Many years ago I read an online parody of Left Behind in which the Antichrist comes to Earth as a Republican president. The Evangelicals support him every step of the way as he enacts his Satanic, anti-American, anti-Christian agenda for one world government.

9 Likes

I’ll compare Santos to Parks; Rosa 10: George -1,000,000,000.

2 Likes

“Just as Rosa Parks refused to follow the rules about where she was supposed to sit on the bus, I have refused to follow the rules about what you’re allowed to do with goods and money that might not be your own. Truly, I am a pioneer when it comes to financial crimes, er civil rights, I mean.”

5 Likes

It looks to me like whatever font you have selected is missing the italicized characters. Are you blocking web fonts maybe?

4 Likes

“I didn’t sit in the back of the bus when I was Rosa Parks, and I’m not about to start now.”

4 Likes