George Santos flashes “white power” sign during Speaker vote

Originally published at: George Santos flashes "white power" sign during Speaker vote | Boing Boing

11 Likes

here’s how you know it’s true – he will deny it.

28 Likes

Is he just banking on being useful long enough to avoid his colleagues sending him to the camps; or is this another weird detail in his rich fantasy life?

21 Likes

Did we all notice that “George Santos” more than once failed to recognize that his vote had been called for when “his name” was shouted? Makes one wonder what his real name might be. And is checking on someone’s citizenship status really such a lengthy procedure for the DOJ? Or do they know and for reasons of their own not want to make that simple result known? [smooths brim of tin-foil hat]

33 Likes

Everything about Santos makes him look like someone who is just working politics as another con.

25 Likes

America. What a country. Where guys like Kanye West, Steven Miller, Enrique Tarrio, and now George Santos (if that is his real name) can all be white supremacists.

Truly, the land of opportunity.

46 Likes

Latino and Black and Jewish too.

12 Likes

I mean it’s possible to be all three at once including a white supremacist on top of those, but with this guy just assume everything he says is a fiction.

14 Likes

But as long as Santos votes in accordance with the MAGA agenda, the GOP won’t do anything about it.

His making “white power” gestures will make the party feel a little better about it, though.

11 Likes

So what you’re saying is, he’s a Republican?

24 Likes

Taking a page from the Trump playbook

“There’s no such thing as bad publicity,”
— P.T. Barnum
“There’s only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about"
— Oscar Wilde

6 Likes

That hand symbol used to mean “Okay!” Unfortunately, 4chan and reddit users changed its meaning to:

I’m a mediocre person with no big ideas, but I really really want power and acknowledgement, and I’m willing to **** a redneck **** now and again to get it!

7 Likes

Not Jewish…Jew-ish.

17 Likes

That was after he had lied about having Jewish grandparents.

5 Likes

I mean… of course. There’s no bottom here, just infinite digging.

I don’t know that it’s even a fantasy life so much as a compulsive need for attention/approval/money in any given situation with no care for, much less attempt at, consistency.

Truly, he has finally found his people.

What’s funny is how even his denials and “corrections” are themselves lies. He says his grandparents fled the Holocaust, that he’s “a proud American Jew,” but then claims he said “Jew-ish, not Jewish” when I’m not even sure he called himself “Jewish” in the first place - he was far more specific than that.

10 Likes

A what is known in the trade as a ‘useful idiot’, as I believe Stalin once called such people.

6 Likes

He’s everything to all people…

5 Likes

This made me guffaw

12 Likes

How is it that this country deported veterans, people who serve our country honorably in the armed forces but keeps George Santos?

He’s wanted for crimes abroad. Let Brazil extradite him.

13 Likes

Maybe he’s just a glitch in the matrix?

4 Likes