Georgia school principal suspended the student who posted video of crowded hallway of maskless students

I think he meant “anything that reflects upon us in a negative light.”

13 Likes

Yeah, but they blew that defense by making a public announcement telling kids that Posting anything negative on social media will get them suspended.

If the public announcement was “remember kids no phones in school” then they might well have managed to make that defense fly.

8 Likes

Sorry-ass high school principle with an authoritarian tendencies and whose best years are 20 years gone: "Anything that is going on on social media that is negative on our light… there will be consequences“

Any teenager worth their salt: “Challenge accepted, douche-bag”

17 Likes

It is only a stereotype if it ain’t true. I grew up in Alabama and the Deep South state governments are failed states. They do not respect human rights, broadly encourage racism, often do not have fair or free elections, and have excessive religious control exerted over their governing bodies.

6 Likes

“in a negative light,”“negative, or the like,”   something like that

dude should work on his public speaking

11 Likes

Yeah, for someone working in education being mush-mouthed is not a good look. (Not that the overt fascism helps in that regard, mind you…)

12 Likes

The consequence is a big pile of cash they will get after suing the school.

Yeah, a parody like devin nunes’ cow or his mom, maybe a jenius PR representative for the principal, would be amazing.

3 Likes

I stated that a county that (as I’m sure you know) voted 70% for Trump is deep maga country. That explains the lack of masks and social distance (and the principal’s ostensible concern over negative social media coverage)

I never said any of that was even a bad thing. I could be over here giving myself exuberant high fives to celebrate those independent young americans thinking for themselves and not being sheep to pointy-headed science types.

You’re the one saying they are guilty of something.

1 Like

Pixelating any students’ individual faces might have been a good preemptive move there.

7 Likes

Um… no. Not quite. We do have real problems with the GOP, but the city of Atlanta is increasingly the economic hub for the state and the region - and that includes more and more of the exurban counties like Paulding:

We’re slowly, but surely moving the needle down here.

And let’s not forget that kind of political corruption is not even remotely unique to Southern conservative politics. It was pretty baked into from the beginning of broadening the franchise (Tammany hall in NYC or Machine politics in Chicago…

How about instead of just writing off entire swaths of the country, you learn about the actual reality of our lives here. Even better, do what you can to help us change it instead of looking down your nose at us… I have friends who have a kid in that district, so this shit is personal to me.

27 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 12 hours unless flagged)

I went looking, couldn’t find any combination of the name or even just a generic North Paulding High School Principal account. Thoughhis email address and the phone number of the school have been posted on Twitter for disgruntled folks to express their feelings.

1 Like

Yup. Maybe use Image Scrubber to scrape out the metadata before uploading through a VPN.

9 Likes

I applaud all efforts of any Southern state to uplift its people. I do hope your friend’s kid will be all right, since that school’s failure to appropriately respond to the COVID-19 pandemic is a disaster waiting to happen.

Meanwhile, at the University of Georgia…

19 Likes

What the actual FUCK.

15 Likes

That’s what should’ve been implemented from the outset. School districts had all summer to establish remote learning and most did diddlysquat. Now they’re vowing to expel students who don’t endanger themselves, each other, their families and their communities.

FTA:

Students, teachers, and parents fear the Paulding County school’s rushed reopening plans may be spiraling out of control just two days after students — who said they were told they could face expulsion for remaining home — returned to class despite reports of positive coronavirus cases among students and staff.

The death cultists on the school board who voted for this and their administrator quislings should be fired and blacklisted from ever working in education again. They’re sacrificing children for their own callous ineptitude. Party of life, my ass! So-called “conservatives” are the worshipers of Moloch. Hypocritical dirtbag butchers.

25 Likes

true to more or less the same for the entire US. Vermont is one of the most liberal states - it’s also 98% white. I love some washington state, my mom is from there, Hawaii is very progressive also. Ask natives in either state about how progressive it is.

So is Idaho a failed state? How about Iowa? Indiana? Ohio? I can keep going. They all share the attributes that you attribute to the “failed states of the Deep South.”

6 Likes