Geraldo Rivera's awkward encounter with Larry David is "Curb Your Enthusiasm"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/09/geraldo-riveras-awkward-encounter-with-larry-david-is-curb-your-enthusiasm.html

3 Likes

I’d probably avoid outdoor parties entirely if I were Geraldo Rivera given his fraught history with folding chairs.

IMG_1198

IMG_1197

10 Likes

Is there really much distance between Dershowitz and Rivera? Skipping that party seemed to be the better course.

26 Likes

He has the look of someone who cavalierly mixed hazardous chemicals willy-nilly then stupidly wondered (perhaps still) why the experiment blew up in his face.

7 Likes

You think he would have walked away from the gutter biz there and then but no.

He’s trash in trash out.

7 Likes

I’m guessing that his newly found fame from his very aggressive, guerilla-style investigative journalism in the 70s (NYC’s horrible Willowbrook State School, GR in a breathless rush, filmed climbing over the ground’s walls and secretly entering the building) pumped up his ego and gave him a taste for attention on hot sweeps week subjects. The ying and yang of GR. Smart enough to take exams outside of his major after one night’s study for other uni students who’d pay him based on the grade desired… dumb enough to value and seek out centers of power in the real world without considering how the real world could be affected. On wedge issues he’s generally liberal, yet he licked Trump’s balls. Forbes and the WSJ would tag him as being a “complicated figure”. I say he’s fucking confused.

10 Likes

Larry David makes jokes.

But Geraldo Rivera is a joke.

14 Likes

Geraldo Rivera trying to stay in the conversation. Any conversation.

8 Likes

I’d never heard of Rivera until one of the networks ran a one-off spoof of news programs called Our Planet Tonight, and I probably would have forgotten him if Father Guido Sarducci breaking into his house hadn’t been so damn funny.

1 Like

Exactly. Grasping for relevance. Hates Larry David, but tweets and tags him during this highly visible moment for David, thus driving traffic. Off topic, but who cares: So Geraldo loves Dershowitz, is “old friends” with Trump, which leads me to wonder how he would characterize his affiliation with J. Epstein. The friends one keeps…

11 Likes

First world rich douchebag “problems.”

12 Likes

There’s a valid complaint about Larry David here. What’s he doing at a Dersh party?

18 Likes

Sometimes, he’s the “voice of reason” at Fox.

But he still works for Fox, so that can be discounted.

6 Likes

Excellent point.

11 Likes

Maybe he was looking for Elmo.

7 Likes

When I was a kid and dinosaurs walked the Earth, geraldo was an actual investigative journalist, who exposed all kindsa wrongdoing by corporations and other evils. We were big fans. He did a lot of good.

When he went to the dark side, mom and I were shocked, disappointed, and horrified.

5 Likes

Since Dershowitz retired from Harvard in 2013 and is today (according to himself) persona non grata on Martha’s Vineyard, Rivera must be relating a story from a party from over 10 years ago in order to stay relevant. What a narcissist.

11 Likes

I later found out from Dershowitz that it was because I worked at the time for Fox News, and was generally supportive of my old friend President Trump."

8 Likes

Sony GIF by The Grudge

The Grudge Horror GIF by Arrow Video

5 Likes

I propose that whenever anyone encounters him they greet him with, "Geraldo Rivera? …You were a journalist once, right?’

I propose this as a public service, in hopes that he might someday get the clue.

1 Like