German man assaults security guard with delicious kebab slathered in herbal sauce

Originally published at: German man assaults security guard with delicious kebab slathered in herbal sauce | Boing Boing

7 Likes

How is it still so intact after the throwing?

ETA: there is a tiny inscription that says “Symbolbild”! Which means the image the police tweeted isn’t the offending kebab, just one that represents it visually. In other words, a police social media person literally took a picture of their lunch for this tweet

17 Likes

Don’t waste food folks, on something like an ACAB is all the worst.

9 Likes

Didn’t you mean to say, “all the wurst”?

11 Likes

A Berlin döner barely qualifies as food

(I should add that döner is the food of the gods, but Berlin is notorious for its low döner prices and corresponding quality issues)

10 Likes

I’m imagining that the social media person thought to hirself “I need a picture of a kebab. Perfect opportunity!” And then charged it to the police department. At least, I hope that’s how it went down.

10 Likes

Looks succulent!

1 Like

A jelly doughnut armed with a kebab?

3 Likes

Not so low anymore these days, but the quality is probably still the same!

3 Likes

Herbal sauce at a German train station? Sounds like a case of zhug by the Zug.

I’ll see myself out.

4 Likes

That kebab looks delicious…

3 Likes

First I read that as Kebob and I was reminded of the assassin who tried to kill James Bond with some flaming meat skewers.

6 Likes

It autotranslated to fisticuffs? That’s a bit archaic?

3 Likes

I just checked and google does indeed do Handgreiflichkeiten → fisticuffs

9 Likes

Thanks for posting the German with translation, as along with “fisticuffs” I also appreciated the word “Wurfguts” (google = throwing goods, I would say “throwing materials”); yet another thing we don’t have a word for in English.

4 Likes

love the ruler in the photo for scale. this was no ordinary sandwich.

2 Likes

Just a guess on my part, but this sort of thing is probably not covered in the 1989 „Festschreibung der Berliner Verkehrsauffassung für das Fleischerzeugnis Dönerkebap“.

3 Likes

I was intrigued, in (british) english, fisticuffs isn’t used much, except perhaps in a humorous article where hopefully no one was seriously harmed, which seems to fit the bill. My german ain’t so great that i could detect the difference but i do hope the german is written in a humorous style too.

Breaking down the german word into hand greiflich keiten
Hand palpable opportunities

3 Likes

I think fisticuffs is a perfectly cromulent word.
Berlin kebabs are not really good. They manage perfectly as drunk food, which was probably the case here.

5 Likes

In general, yes.

Handgreiflichkeiten is not a particularly humourous or archaic word though.

I’d guess “physical altercations” or “scuffling” would be more usual in a UK police version of the tweet.

3 Likes