German shepherd alarmed by sudden disappearance of owner

Do you even omniscient, bro?

4 Likes

There’s a dude who walks through downtown Seattle with the most gorgeous Weimaraner I’ve ever seen. No leash. No collar. Just this naked dog trotting alongside his owner. It makes me so nervous.

7 Likes

Every time I try it gets me into trouble.

2 Likes

I hear that, but also knew a blind aussie shepherd who could apparently make it home in SF rush hour traffic (the one time she got separated, she found her way home 3 blocks from the park, downtown).

People who underestimate dogs… I notice they tend to underestimate other people too, and many of the same tend to overestimate themselves.

Almost like self-esteem and world-view are related! Who’da thunk it?

1 Like

I know that dog is a total pushover. I can’t read people near as well as dogs… but dogs don’t misrepresent their intentions - and people do.

It’s not really dogs who are so obsessed with being top dog, ya know?

Problem people have problem dogs, that is 100% true in my experience.

2 Likes

“I knew this day would come – my two-legged hairless pack leader has left me forever.”

– Every pet dog ever

9 Likes

I have totally seen dogs look both ways.

1 Like

There’s also a dog in Seattle who rides the bus to the dog park. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/13/seattle-dog-rides-bus-public-transit-park-black-lab_n_6463364.html

5 Likes

And they probably had working eyes!

Before crossing. I thought that was implicit.

1 Like

That’s the side she wants you to check out anyhow!

1 Like

Yes, awesome! The dog I was mentioning was crossing the street blind. No eyes. Genetic dysfunction, born that way. She couldn’t even look both ways! Smartest doggo i’ve known. Dogs are remarkable.

I think it’s an extra level of amazing a blind dog could do that, and would just do it when she got separated!

1 Like

uBlock Origin is your friend

2 Likes

FTFY

Character Limit.

5 Likes

We’re not doing this discussion here. If you are upset by certain imagery or subject matter, do not visit the post in question. Unless the post is in violation of the community guidelines there’s going to be no action on it here.

7 Likes

Yes, that leashless owner could attack you at any time.

8 Likes

heck, they dont even have to have or like dogs to do THAT

I was a mailman for some years. Although I love dogs, dogs don’t love the mailman. You could make friends with many breeds, but not Shepherds.

6 Likes

Yeah, but you’ve never broken into their house, have you?

All that barking must work :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t know if this was meant to be sarcasm, but I’m nervous that the dog is unleashed in a high-traffic area. My own dog would be easily distracted in that situation and would probably dart into the road to chase a UPS truck, or run after someone with food, or see another dog that he HAD to go sniff.

Also I think no collar isn’t legal, unless city regulations allow you-the-owner to carry the pet license yourself.

6 Likes