Get 100 generic Magic Erasers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/07/23/get-100-generic-magic-erasers.html

1 Like

Sounds like something a gang of muggles would use to take down Harry Potter.

12 Likes

Don’t waste your money. These things disintegrate after one use. You’ll get several uses from a Mr. Clean one. The are not the same.

2 Likes

The fake leather furniture lived up to its name?

2 Likes

I think this blog needs to find a more honest way to make money.

2 Likes

Oh I think that’s harsh. Mark at least provides anecdotal information about the gadgets and geegaws that he affiliate-links to. Besides, it’s not like you’re paying admission to read the site.

10 Likes

I bought some generic magic erasers on your recommendation a while ago and the first time I tried to use one it crumbled. I just threw the rest away.

1 Like

Yes. And as long we’re allowed — nay, expected — to make pithy observations about these products, I think it’s all fine.

14 Likes

Get 100 generic Magic Erasers for $9

I smell a lifetime supply there.

3 Likes

In a way we are, by creating content for free. But I call it even.

Don’t – it’s a lung irritant.

5 Likes

What content? It’s not like they run ads against the BBS.

It’s not enough.
We are going to need ALL the erasers!

7 Likes

Will 100 be enough to erase the past year?

13 Likes

I haven’t tried the generics from Amazon; that price looks too good to be true. I have bought foamed melamine sponges from spongeoutlet.com , and they hold up well. Box of 50, $26.95 ($.54 each); box of 300, $87.95 ($.29 each), before tax and shipping.

To be fair, @Papasan never specified how long of a lifetime it would be.

10 Likes

If you don’t mind buying from China, you can pick up the same thing from ebay with free shipping. I don’t have Amazon Prime, so the Amazon deal isn’t quite as attractive to me.

1 Like

Our comments are content you can get to by looking at the original posts and the ads next to them (at least, that’s what the advertisers hope).

Worth every cent I’ve paid for them, too.

1 Like

There’s a level of irony here that’s way too deep for me.