Get This 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub For 35% Off

[Read the post]

That would make me so much more productive. I have been wondering why my productivity is not reaching the heights it should, and now I realise itā€™s because I donā€™t have one of them. I want to buy it, but can I handle the increase in productivity???

8 Likes

For just 18 dollars in probably usd, but wait thereā€™s moreā€¦!

2 Likes

With any luck, the distraction of your enjoyment of the durable shell will offset your increase in productivity. My productivity is only at the heights it already is because the shells of my peripherals are too ephemeral for me to spend precious time enjoying them.

4 Likes

Is this hub separately powered by a transformer, or is it powered by USB? Itā€™s getting harder to get powered hubs these days, and my legacy machine (USB1) is in need of a new one.

It totally get you, itā€™s all that stroking them and rubbing them against your skin, right? ā€¦ mmmmmm tactile peripheral casingsā€¦

All my USB hubs/chargers/whatever come from the pound shop, but Iā€™m lazy as fuck. Productivity can go take a hike.

5 Likes

Interesting that the ad spends so much effort highlighting features that are of no real concern, yet fails to mention the one thing that makes it relatively special - the per-port power switches.

2 Likes

No. If you have to ask then the answer is ā€œnoā€.

Itā€™s the ā€œAudiophile Ruleā€.

Nope, itā€™s powered by whatever USB 3 port youā€™ve plugged it into. To bad it doesnā€™t even have that as an option.

Wow, it supports hot swapping?! Talk about a killer feature that will revolutionize our use of USB devices.

3 Likes

Yeah, too bad. Count me out then, Iā€™ll get something powered and with several more ports.

Anyone whose definition of ā€˜enjoyā€™ requires NEMA 662 and possibly hardened steel washdown shields has my respect. Not respect Iā€™d want to go looking for with an fMRI, but you know, in there.

See, if they do the ~100W charging standard for USB3.1 (x4) for 23 bucks shipped, itā€™s gonna get a special place that doesnā€™t collect underwear (well, the non-firefighting underwear.)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.