Ghost performs Aleister Crowley-inspired single "Call Me Little Sunshine" on Jimmy Kimmel Live

Originally published at: Ghost performs Aleister Crowley-inspired single "Call Me Little Sunshine" on Jimmy Kimmel Live | Boing Boing

7 Likes

That was nice.

Reminds me of this…

13 Likes

Wickedest doofus on earth.

13 Likes

‘Doofus’? No tea-cosy of the Antichrist hat for you.

8 Likes

Thank you!

10 Likes

Oooo i like it - thankee! Nice miter (so 999 is the beast knocked on its head?)

2 Likes

Good morning music.

5 Likes

6… 6… 6… The Number of the Bus!

6 Likes

Now I really want to hear Weird Al sing this.

2 Likes

Right? Which is perfect; I find Ghost almost unbearably hilarious.

3 Likes

Plus ça change. i always wonder what Screaming Jay Hawkins would think if he could see where theatrical horror music shows have gone since he started them. this seems so… mild mannered. but i like it.

2 Likes

Mr. Crowley, what went on in your head?

2 Likes

That left eye is a little too fixed and creepy. I don’t want to think that it’s looking at me. Indeed though that miter is quite the unit. You don’t find that good stuff at your local haberdashery around here.

Ah yes, Ghost, the band that I listen to often yet don’t vocally consider myself a fan of because the lore is too goddamn confusing.

1 Like

Hail unto Thee who art Ra in thy rising,
Even unto Thee who art Ra in thy strength,
Who travellest over the Heavens in Thy bark
At the Uprising of the Sun.
Tahuti standeth in His splendour at the prow
And Ra-Ho0r abideth at the helm.
Hail unto Thee from the Abodes of the Night!
\m/

3 Likes

I can’t see any reference to Crowley without thinking of him being played as a comical buffoon (which I suspect was not so dissimilar from the reality…) as a character in the BBC radio comedy-drama:

And in particular this little skit from the series:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Definitely not a man to be emulated in his day to day life, but he helped lay the foundations of modern Western Hermeticism along with Israel Regardie, among a few others.

1 Like

Don’t call him up, we only just got this place tidied up after the last time

4 Likes

And was able to transmute lead into bullshit.

4 Likes