Ghostbuster arrested for firing gun at an apparition

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/31/ghostbuster-arrested-for-firin.html

2 Likes

he described firing the two bullets as warning shots that he intentionally aimed over the intruder’s head. Investigators found that scenario unlikely, however, after a ballistic analysis showed that the two bullets had punctured a wall in Devaux’s home less than three feet off the floor.

It was a very short ghost.

15 Likes

Silly fellow, bringing a firearm to an unlicensed nuclear reactor fight.

4 Likes

Who you gonna call?

Apparently not 911

NkX

11 Likes

At least he didn’t cross the streams.

3 Likes
1 Like

Were they silver bullets? If not, there’s your problem…

5 Likes

Deputies were initially suspicious of the man’s report when told the ghost was white.

First, people want to kill Bigfoot. Now, someone’s shooting at a ghost.

Won’t someone think of the cryptids?

5 Likes

But anybody with 5 or 6 years experience oughta know that ghosts are insubstantial. Bullets would pass right through.

3 Likes

Delusional, in need of psychiatric evaluation, or lying. It pretty much has to be one of the three.

Or ghosts are really real…

Casper was short.

Fool! Even if you succeed in killing the ghost then you just end up with a house haunted by a DOUBLE-GHOST.

9 Likes

Cryptid un-lives deads fuck it matter!

2 Likes

I would think all any defense attorney has to do is amend his statement to say that he was shooting at what he thought was an intruder. Even if he’s forced to admit that it was an incorporeal being, I think a jury would acquit.

1 Like

Maybe he was shooting over the head of a very tiny ghost. It could happen.

1 Like

Did they go whoosh?

It is extremely rare that I hear of police charging people with making a false statement to police. After all, most criminals tell cops they have not committed a crime.

The only cases I can think of have been situations where the cops feel used by someone who rightly or wrongly claims to have been a victim. In other words the crime is hurting the ego of the officers who feel used. I would like to see this used more against perps and less against victims.

Are you confusing werewolves and ghosts again? You know they’re not the same thing!

1 Like