Ghostbusters: Afterlife trailer drops

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/09/ghostbusters-afterlife-traile.html

6 Likes

7 Likes

My kids and I watched it twice in a row, lol. Looks like Paul Rudd let Slimer out of the trap.

4 Likes

It actually looks pretty good to me :slight_smile: i really did not care for the last Ghostbusters movie, it just looked like a lazy attempt but so far i’m pretty optimistic i might like this one.

5 Likes

I liked the last one. It wasn’t the original, but it wasn’t intended to be…it was meant to be different.

Ghostbusters 2 doesn’t exist as far as I am concerned.

9 Likes

Admittedly just a trailer, but looks more promising than I was expecting.

2 Likes

This looks good, but I’m seeing a distinct lack of Hudson, Murray or Aykroyd here.

4 Likes

The end of the trailer has me disappointed in the state of our civilization. Why has it taken this long for someone to come up with a head mounted Polaroid camera? Very disappointed indeed.

10 Likes

The haunted-house setting had me hoping for the “Nothing But Trouble” / “Ghostbusters” Dan Aykroyd fever-dream mash-up we’re been waiting for for all these years.

3 Likes

With the Finnish subtitles, I kept hoping to see Onni Tommila and the rest of the Rare Exports team pop up - now THAT would be a wild sequel

4 Likes

Egon’s grand kids? I’m going with team Egon.

5 Likes

Who will ever be able to believe that men can be ghostbusters?

6 Likes

Bill Murray once stated in an interview that the only way he would appear in another Ghostbusters movie was if his character died in the first act and he spent the rest of the movie haunting people. I wonder if we’ll get a surprise cameo along those lines.

13 Likes

Nothing But Trouble

He has a penis for a noise. It is a joke! Get it!

“Stranger Ghosts”!

6 Likes

Looks distinctly Spielbergian, all right. Not that there’s anything wrong with that; Spielberg’s films are entertaining enough.

2 Likes

Seems fun enough, but I feel the retread of these films is pointless. Nostalgia for its own sake isn’t worth anyone’s time.

3 Likes

I hope they get cameos and it would be sweet if the “Elseworlds” Ghostbusters 2016 got a nod too. I actually like this “passing the mantle” kind of keeping a franchise alive. This is why DC in my book always got it right with the sequence of Flashs, Green Lanterns and even Robins, so much better than Marvel always repeating itself.

2 Likes

But the idea of getting through grandpa’s stuff and discovering a lot of interesting things about his past IS nostalgia done right.

4 Likes

What’s interesting is that this looks like a fairly serious sci-fi/horror adventure movie, rather than the flat out wacky comedy that “Answer the Call” promised. But if you go back and watch the original, it’s actually fairly deadpan and takes the paranormal stuff pretty seriously, leaving Bill Murray to be the joker. Which is, honestly, why it works so well.

11 Likes